Sign in to follow this  
robert(original)

before and during, and AFTER

i couldn't get along with the crappy blacktop decal, so i had to put a real one on.  this is right after i put it on, im 2 coats in, out of 6 misting coats before i level sand and repeat, but with three.
c0a46558-c838-4e10-88ec-6a4dd7206136.jpg
the placement probly could have been a bit better, but its close enough for me!
1006330_411350335641533_449926049_n.jpg

I think it looks good too. Not sure why they just didn't use a normal decal on those. Not like they cost more to make... :)

yea, the decals that came on the blacktop series was a MAJOR fail point for me, even tho its just text on the headstock, tho in some respects the curve of the "jaguar" and the wisps around the jazzmaster decal sorta complete the look for me. i probly should have just bought a beat up jap jazzy, but i got a good deal on the black top, its just becomming a pain, at times, to do what i want with it, which is add a jazzy bridge pup, change the decal and add the rhythm section. still not sure what sort of guard im going to make for it, i am leaning towards cream. or maple aged MOP

Fender more than likely purposely put this style decals on them so that people in the know could quickly identify the series. I don't have a problem with the decals coming on them. The problem I have is with quality control on every Jag or Jazzy that has been made since the HH line came out of Mexico a few years ago. I worked on a Mexican HH Jag about a month or so back for a guy and the nut literally had no grooves slotted for the strings. I had to basically cut the nut for him since Fender didn't....