Saw these on ebay and wanted to know what you guys think. To me it seems kinda cool, but I don't really like the competition stripe with sunburst finish. Also I don't trust the cheap mustang tremolo to stay in tune very well at all. Mustang copy's are pretty unusual over here so I might pick one up eventually as a modding platform.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hodson-GT-500-Stang-AWESOME-electric-guitar-Sunburst-Jaguar-Jazzmaster-/141052738908?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item20d765fd5c

Well, i dunno. It's not a copy of a Mustang. At all. The two phase switches, missing, they're critical to the Mustang sound. The headstock's far from Mustang. The white MOTS pickguard (all those big screws!) looks shocking with the traditional, organic sunburst, but then any possible aesthetic redemption is just trashed by white racing stripes. On sunburst?... :-mad

Then comes things like whether the pots and caps are decent...I dunno.  Better off buying a cosmetically beaten up but decent playing used reissue Mustang. IMHO.

Cheers,

Well, i dunno. It's not a copy of a Mustang. At all. The two phase switches, missing, they're critical to the Mustang sound. The headstock's far from Mustang. The white MOTS pickguard (all those big screws!) looks shocking with the traditional, organic sunburst, but then any possible aesthetic redemption is just trashed by white racing stripes. On sunburst?... :-mad

Then comes things like whether the pots and caps are decent...I dunno.  Better off buying a cosmetically beaten up but decent playing used reissue Mustang. IMHO.

Cheers,

The phase switches not being there doesn't make it any less of a mustang copy, seeing as alot of people remove those on fender mustangs anyway. Of course the headstock is far from it, legally they can't use fender's design as its copywritten. The screws look the same as what came on my 69 reissue as well. The price of that is around the same as the Squier mustangs, certainly won't find any reissues around here being sold that cheap.

i bought an sx strat shortscale in sparkle pink (LH) and converted it to righty just so i could do an riff like jimi hendrix. the nut isn't really right so i have to cut another one, but its was like 79 bucks, and shipping was either free or really cheap as well, not a bad guitar at all.

The tele that i have, that i used on that muse cover was an SX tele, i only changed the neck because i wanted rosewood, but yea i totally agree, their guitars are really good for the price, and perfect modding platforms.