Need some help with pickups please?

So I'm getting this Mustang copy and the only thing that I don't like about it is the pickups. They're thin, quiet, and very noisy. For the bridge pickup I was looking at trying a DiMarzio Super Distortion. Would it be worth it to get the full sized humbucker version and rout the body, or is the single coil sized Super Distortion S close enough to the full size that it would just be simpler to install? For the neck I was looking at something with a little unusual, this : 

http://www.amazon.com/DiMarzio-DP111-SDS-1-Guitar-Pickup/dp/B0002E36P0/ref=sr_1_1?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1385243898&sr=1-1&keywords=dimarzio+sds-1

Would this be an alright neck pickup? i was planning on 500k or 1meg pots to go with these as well. Any help with this is greatly appreciated :)

Why buy this guitar? Is it so fantastic in every other way that you'll sink an additional $150 USD or more into it to make it, what, a decent hot rod?

Of course if it's your version of guitar fun right now, then enjoy... :wink::razz::roll: