NPD: Bill Lawrence L45s

I recently installed a pair of Bill Lawrence L45s twin blade pups on my CIJ Mustang, replacing a vintage pair I borrowed from an old and tired 77/78 Mustang I have. They're not quite perfect, but I am really loving these new pups! Being humbuckers, they're much quieter than the old stock single coil pups- a big part of what I was after. Tonewise, they are the best of both worlds between the Tim Shaw PAF'ish humbuckers in my Gibson SG 62RI and the vintage Mustang pups.

• 2 weeks later...

R.I.P. Bill Lawrence

Born Willi Lorenz Stich on March 24, 1931 in Cologne-Wahn, Germany, Bill Lawrence died on November 2, 2013. Bill was a recording musician, an electric guitar pickup designer/maker and guitar designer/maker in the musical instrument industry, designing pickups and guitars for Fender, Gibson, Peavey and other companies from the 1950s to the present.

(from Wikipedia)

I found out only a couple days after I posted this topic that Bill Lawrence had died. I'd placed my order just 6 days before he died and received the pups 2 1/2 weeks later, about their typical turn-around time from what I understand. I'm amazed that Bill's family was able to get them out so quickly with all that they must be going through. According to Becky Lawrence via their website, it was Bill's wishes that the company carry on as usual without him. My heartfelt condolences go out to the family of a great innovator known as Bill Lawrence.