Sign in to follow this  
MOZO275

New Fender Jaguar KC "non relic"

They are cheaper than the beat up ones. I can't believe some people actually paid that much for a Mexican made Fender that someone whacked against a tree and blew cigarette smoke on or whatever they did to them.

I don't have the sales numbers but just looking on eBay they never ever sell for more than 70% of what the retail price is. Same people keep listing the same Kurt mustangs and jaguars over and over hoping a fool will part with his money.

No offense to any fool that parted previously :D

They aren't much cheaper, only about 200 less. There also isn't anything wrong with mexican fenders and you have some people, like me who want a jag, but are left handed and it's either the 1300 the older one was going for, or 1800 for a stock one from japan.

I didn't say there was anything wrong with Mexican Fenders, but I won't pretend they're on par with American or Japanse. A Japanese made Jaguar is worth $1,000 max to me. Japan > Mexico. 

So why would I pay $1,300 for a Mexican Jaguar that's been beat all to hell and back? Ridiculous. 

Get a Squire Jaguar and flip it if you want a Jaguar. 

Get a Squire Jaguar and flip it if you want a Jaguar. 

I'd actually rather it be comfortable, the shape of a jag plays perfectly into how i like my guitars to be held, so flipping it wouldn't be an option, not to mention fret access to the higher frets. I personally have no problem with the fact that i payed 1300 for mine, it holds up just as well as my japanese fenders.

Wish I could try both of them side by side. The road worn and relics have always felt better to me though. Particularly the neck finish.

My guess Alex, seeing as most sites are listing it as NOS, is these are really the exact same, finish wise, just never got beat up. I know my road worn one has the finish and then on top of the finish has some of the nicks and dings. I'm figuring they just had some older ones in a back room and decided to sell them.