fender starcaster

PaLo_aLTo

no its not....its a crappy guitar and they discontinued it for a reason

Nonsense. There are several reasons for its failure, but being a 'crappy' guitar wasn't one of them. It's actually a very well made instrument, which is partly why they're so expensive even today (coupled with rarity). It's the usual story for Fender hollowbodies, they generally don't do well against Gibsons, and the starcaster was just another example that didn't do well against an established Gibson brand.

no its not....its a crappy guitar and they discontinued it for a reason

Nonsense. There are several reasons for its failure, but being a 'crappy' guitar wasn't one of them. It's actually a very well made instrument, which is partly why they're so expensive even today (coupled with rarity).

thanx lambtron

lol jagstang owner

:roll::roll:

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, I was quite frustrated when viewing a guitar review site. Some old owners talking about the tone of the "real" Starcaster, then some idiot comes on "OMG I HAVE A STARCASTER IT TOTLLY SUCKS GOT CHEAP PAINT GOT IT FOR LIKE $100 AND IT SOUNDS LIKE #### NEVER BUY THIS GUITAR THESE GUYS DONT NO WOT THEYR TALKING ABOUT". They're two very different guitars. The cheap, triangular headed thing is not a Fender Starcaster at all, it's a "Starcaster by Fender".

If I had the money, I'd love to get one of these things, partly because it's a piece of guitar history, partly because I'm a Fender fanboi, I want a semi hollowbody and that appears to be Fender's best shot at it. :P

Yeah, I was quite frustrated when viewing a guitar review site. Some old owners talking about the tone of the "real" Starcaster, then some idiot comes on "OMG I HAVE A STARCASTER IT TOTLLY SUCKS GOT CHEAP PAINT GOT IT FOR LIKE $100 AND IT SOUNDS LIKE #### NEVER BUY THIS GUITAR THESE GUYS DONT NO WOT THEYR TALKING ABOUT". They're two very different guitars. The cheap, triangular headed thing is not a Fender Starcaster at all, it's a "Starcaster by Fender".

If I had the money, I'd love to get one of these things, partly because it's a piece of guitar history, partly because I'm a Fender fanboi, I want a semi hollowbody and that appears to be Fender's best shot at it. :P

I never owned a semi hollow..but the starcaster just make me to own one...the design of the body and headstock is just awesome...just if I could find 1.. :cry::cry:

Well, as has always been the case the best manufacterer of semi-hollows is Epiphone/Gibson, if I ever wanted to get a semi to get that sound I'd want to get a Fender one, and the Starcaster is just that. It's odd how even today Fender aren't bothering to put one out their on the market, it's not the '60s any more, guitars are a lot more popular and if you put a product out people will buy it.

If I ever make it in the music industry I'm sure as hell going to get me one of those. The thing is, coupled with their rarity, there's also the fact that the guys who've managed to keep this things in one piece are also the guys who've been in love with them for the last 40 years. I imagine the only remaining owners of them are either guitar collectors or people who bought them all those years back and just can't part with them (unless for a large sum of money... ;)).