I new to the community and I am preparing to change my first set of pickups in my new Mustang, but from the spec sheets I found online it looks a little confusing with all of the phase switching wires inside.  Ultimately, I'm wondering do I even bother with those other wires or just focus on disconnecting the old pickup solder points and reconnect the new pickup wires to those old solder points?  Any photos, instructions, drawn diagrams, or anything will be much appreciated.  Thanks.

On mine to fix the switches I just desoldered the pick up wires at the switches and left the crossed wires and I made a hand drawn picture of how it was before I started so it went back right if I find the pic I'll post it oh and when you take out the switches put one screw in the side that connects to the bridge pickup and make a drawing of what it looks like from the bottom hope that helps some

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By ps___093
      I am routing it to fit Humbuckers,  (SH-4 JB Bridge Humbucker & SH-2 Jazz Model Neck Humbucker)
               changing the bridge to a Mustang one, or something better ( happy to hear any recommendations ) 
                I’ll be using CTS 1 MEG pots for volume and tone, as well as the Orange Drop Capacitor .047uf        ( hopefully this will give it a nice bright tone ? )
            will try and make the top switch a Parallel & Series switch, as well as having the coil splits on the bottom switches.. 

I’d love to hear your opinions on the materials/parts i’m planing on using, and if you have any other suggestions please let me know!

• By Alldatjazz
      Hello everyone thanks for reading. I recently came across a Mustang that is supposedly a 1982, but it's very difficult to find info on these years. Can anyone tell me some tell-tale signs? I have a few pics of it that I will attach. 
      Serial: R018034 . Theres conflicting info on this. According to a mustang history page, that means it's 1982, but according to a decoder, it's a 2004 reissue?
      I can't figure out how to upload pics through here? So here's a link to the imgur gallery
      https://imgur.com/gallery/jNs2yUg
      If anyone can help, that'd be awesome and I'd really appreciate it.

• By SpookyMr
      Hi. I am planning on modding my Surf Green Squire vintage modified jaguar to have 2 4 wire humbuckers, a three way toggle switch, and a coil tap on the neck pickup, however I want to keep the rhythm circuit and low cut switch. (basically similar to a Kurt Cobain jag except only master volume and master tone, neck coil tap, and keeping the low cut switch) I'm 17 and I'm not very good with wiring, also jag wiring is especially confusing. Would anyone be able to help me figure out a wiring diagram for this, or at least help explain it to me? Are there any other mods I should try for this guitar? 
    • By Highanddry
      Hi, so I’m a wiring noob and needing some help with the wiring I have in mind. I’m upgrading both pups in my JS. In the bridge I’m putting in a Seymour Duncan P-Rails, and in the neck a Lace Chrome Dome (or DiMarzio Area 67). (Two slide switches and Tone and Vol.)
      What I want to be able to do if possible is wire the neck switch to toggle between the neck/neck+bridge(parallel)/bridge. The bridge switch I want to wire to split the p-rails, rail/humbucker(series)/p-90.
      So, what I need is a diagram if possible and some advice about the switches. I assume i’ll need two 3-way on/on/on slide switches?
      Any help is greatly appreciated.