Dear all

Please help me, ive exhausted the internet for an answer to this question but to no avail.

I have a Fender Jagstang (obviously) and a Texas Special in the Neck and Seymour Duncan JB in Bridge but im getting TERRIBLE earthing sounds even when I touch the guitar or a metal part, so ive decided im going to re-wire her from scratch and get some decent guitar cable to do so.

The Jagstang Schematic diagram on this site is as much use as a chocolate teapot, fancy doing the schematic upside down from the top up when everybody who does wiring would need it from the perspective of looking at it. Very backward...but cant fault the effort.

Secondly I found another schematic on this site which shows how to wire the guitar where one switch does the pickups and another does other things (which I dont want it to do).

ALL I WANT IS A NORMAL OPERATING GUITAR. 

1 of the two switches ONLY to work (preferably the humbucker switch)

0-- = Neck only

-0- = Both Pickups

--0 = Bridge only

-I dont want or need an on/off switch

Now is this too much to ask? If somebody can advise me as to how I can achieve this ill be forever indebted to you. I need a clear concise diagram please, This includes the earthing/grounding....basically everything.

I was always taught that when doing a guide or diagram, make it easy for an alien to understand, well I am that alien and am in need of an alien proof diagram.

Thank you so much.

Peace, Love, Empathy

Charlie

Thanks for your responses. Mad Mike thanks but im not exactly sure what your answering there? JBIZ, as stated in my original post, I dont want a switch doing random things such as tone, vol & tone etc. I dont need anything that complicated! I just want a simple one 3 way switch. Neck - Both - Bridge with the Vol knob affecting both pickups and Tone control affecting both pickups. 

Maybe if I give you a reason why I need this it will help.

When I play with for e.g a strat, I switch between pickups during solos. I cant do this with my JS as if I am using the neck only, then want the bridge only, I have to switch the neck switch then the bridge switch which means dealing with two switches. I need one switch where I can slide the switch down to bridge position and hey presto......

The lack of responses show this may not be possible and two switches are mandatory in the working operation of the guitar. I have to say my love for the jagstang has seriously waned because of these issues im asking support for. 

Thanks

• 2 months later...

I'm trying to do the same with my jagstang currently. Within a week or so I have a friend who is going to help me wire up my JS with a 1 slide switch-to-toggle modification. I will see if I can get him to put together a wiring diagram of this when he is done, provided it is successful of course!

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By ps___093
      I am routing it to fit Humbuckers,  (SH-4 JB Bridge Humbucker & SH-2 Jazz Model Neck Humbucker)
               changing the bridge to a Mustang one, or something better ( happy to hear any recommendations ) 
                I’ll be using CTS 1 MEG pots for volume and tone, as well as the Orange Drop Capacitor .047uf        ( hopefully this will give it a nice bright tone ? )
            will try and make the top switch a Parallel & Series switch, as well as having the coil splits on the bottom switches.. 

I’d love to hear your opinions on the materials/parts i’m planing on using, and if you have any other suggestions please let me know!

• By SpookyMr
      Hi. I am planning on modding my Surf Green Squire vintage modified jaguar to have 2 4 wire humbuckers, a three way toggle switch, and a coil tap on the neck pickup, however I want to keep the rhythm circuit and low cut switch. (basically similar to a Kurt Cobain jag except only master volume and master tone, neck coil tap, and keeping the low cut switch) I'm 17 and I'm not very good with wiring, also jag wiring is especially confusing. Would anyone be able to help me figure out a wiring diagram for this, or at least help explain it to me? Are there any other mods I should try for this guitar? 
    • By Highanddry
      Hi, so I’m a wiring noob and needing some help with the wiring I have in mind. I’m upgrading both pups in my JS. In the bridge I’m putting in a Seymour Duncan P-Rails, and in the neck a Lace Chrome Dome (or DiMarzio Area 67). (Two slide switches and Tone and Vol.)
      What I want to be able to do if possible is wire the neck switch to toggle between the neck/neck+bridge(parallel)/bridge. The bridge switch I want to wire to split the p-rails, rail/humbucker(series)/p-90.
      So, what I need is a diagram if possible and some advice about the switches. I assume i’ll need two 3-way on/on/on slide switches?
      Any help is greatly appreciated.

• By little_kiwi
      Hey all, I've had my HH Special for a few years now, and I love everything about it, except for the lack of clarity in the pickups.
      So I've bought a set of Seymour Duncan 59/Custom Hybrid humbuckers. Only issue is, the Fender Dragster pickups that were in the guitar have a thick cable which terminates by splitting into a single output wire, and a bare ground wire. Whereas the 59s terminate by splitting into a red, white, green, black and bare wire.
      Do I need to just solder together and tape off some of them?
      Also, the Dragsters are soldered to their pickup covers, but the 59s don't have covers, does this mean I need to find another way to ground them?

Thanks in advance