fuzz patrol

Fuzzy distortion maybe.

I've got a Fender Blender clone that is absolutely sick (in the "ew" way, not the "i'm a 15 year old sk8r" way), great for messed up leads, almost too filthy for powerchords even with the sustain way down. Although, using the blend control, you can add in some clean signal so that helps a little.

Fuzzy distortion maybe.

I've got a Fender Blender clone that is absolutely sick (in the "ew" way, not the "i'm a 15 sk8r" way), great for messed up leads, almost too filthy for powerchords even with the sustain way down. Although, using the blend control, you can add in some clean signal so that helps a little.

is it homemade?

Fuzzy distortion maybe.

I've got a Fender Blender clone that is absolutely sick (in the "ew" way, not the "i'm a 15 sk8r" way), great for messed up leads, almost too filthy for powerchords even with the sustain way down. Although, using the blend control, you can add in some clean signal so that helps a little.

is it homemade?
from my knowladge his is homemade, but the new fender ri's are pretty cheap, if you're itnerested.

Fuzzy distortion maybe.

is it homemade?

An old forum member made it for me. For money.

Fuzzy distortion maybe.

is it homemade?

An old forum member made it for me. For money.

thats pretty cool.ive heard the blenders are disgustingly dirty,never played through one though.

I owned about 12 fuzz pedals at one point, to me true fuzz is the original germanium transistor fuzz face.

With everything up full on the pedal you can sinply clean things up with your guitars volume. Unfortunately they are pricey and vary from pedal to pedal in sound quality, Roger Mayer, Fulltone and Jim Dunlop offer the original circuit fuzz face but i've not been impressed with any of them i've owned. The best one i have is a homemade fuzz face where i got the parts from a radio parts supplier, importantly the two germ transistors are 'matched' which gives excellent results. 8)

yeah the cool thing about germanium is the ability to clean up the sound with the guitar volume.i think it makes for great dynamics.hey fran,how hard is it to make a germanium fuzz?did you get the schematics from the net?homemade pedals are cool and id love to make one but im not a electrical guru or any thing.thanks for the replys so far guys!

yeah the cool thing about germanium is the ability to clean up the sound with the guitar volume.i think it makes for great dynamics.hey fran,how hard is it to make a germanium fuzz?did you get the schematics from the net?homemade pedals are cool and id love to make one but im not a electrical guru or any thing.thanks for the replys so far guys!
It is one of the simplist circuits as far as guitar fx are concerned, about 12 components. The one i made the supplier provided a schematic and diagram/photo with the use of point to point wiring on a tag board (like the originals) rather than a circuit board. Unfortunately he's stopped stocking them :cry:

You'd find all the parts quite easy to find except for the 'matched' germanium transistors, although they crop up on ebay what with germ fuzz being popular again.

THIS website has got a lot of info on fuzzes.

• 2 weeks later...
blue box octave fuzz. it sounds awesome when combined with ds1. gonna save for eh big muff,fender blender and maybe a zvex fuzz factory
try out the little big muff.ive heard you can get some great sound on the fuzz factory but it takes awhile to get to know it,which kinda scares me off because i dont like to fool with pedal to much to get good sounds.if you get it let us know your impressions.

of course the big muff is a fuzz...it's one of the most famous! only thing is it's a thick creamy fuzz..different to faceface etc.

For fuzz boxes i have:

- Boss Hyper Fuzz FZ-2: this pedal is ####, do not get it! 2 types of fuzz, but pretty awful sounding, and it has a built in gate that cuts off all notes after 1 second. so zero sustain. However, i found 1 or 2 good settings so im keeping it.

- Zoom Ultra fuzz - this has 2 types of fuzz that are blendable (using the color knob). All the way to the left it sounds like a fuzzface, all the way to the right and its like a russian big muff. It can also resonat like the Fuzz Factory, using the reso knob.

I though this pedal would be awesome but it's just ok...not really enough gain for me, and also the fuzz sounds more disrtion-like than fuzzy...might be selling this one.

i want a Fuzz Factory!!

I used to have an Ultra Fuzz, they're hella fun. There was just a little too much top end on it for my liking, even with the tone all the way back.

thats what all fuzzface-type fuzzes are like - you HAVE to use em with the neck pickup!

hmmm....i dont own a fuzz face type fuzz yet,care to explain?

I used to have an Ultra Fuzz, they're hella fun. There was just a little too much top end on it for my liking, even with the tone all the way back.

thats what all fuzzface-type fuzzes are like - you HAVE to use em with the neck pickup!

Uh..but that wouldn't make the pedal any less trebley..

I had a Dunlop Hendrix fuzz (friend gave me it) with no tone control. Drove me f*cking nuts.

They're way trebley and have no tone control. ie; they suck.

They're way trebley and have no tone control. ie; they suck.

hehe...they cant be that bad all the great guitarists used them at one time or another.