Pawnshop Mustang Wiring with the Jaguar Electronics? Possible? Help?

I've got a Fender Jaguar I'm looking into modding. I'm planning to put two humbucking pickups into it, but have them coil tapped with out of phase. I would go for the Push Pull knobs, but I'm happy with the standard pots the Jaguar comes with and not planning to do that. I rather like the idea of two three way switches wired up for coil-tap/out of phase like the Pawnshop mustang. I have all the parts I need to get working on it. Just need help in terms of Electronics/schematics since I'm not sure where to wire what to where etc. I've had a look around on the internet for schematics, but I'm still confused to the wires would go. 

I basically got 

Got a Ken Custom Fender Jaguar (basically a fancy Classic MIM Jag) [standard Jag Schematics]

Two humbucking Pickups with 4 way braids

Two Three-Way Mustang Switches

Additional wires if needed

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By ps___093
      I am routing it to fit Humbuckers,  (SH-4 JB Bridge Humbucker & SH-2 Jazz Model Neck Humbucker)
               changing the bridge to a Mustang one, or something better ( happy to hear any recommendations ) 
                I’ll be using CTS 1 MEG pots for volume and tone, as well as the Orange Drop Capacitor .047uf        ( hopefully this will give it a nice bright tone ? )
            will try and make the top switch a Parallel & Series switch, as well as having the coil splits on the bottom switches.. 

I’d love to hear your opinions on the materials/parts i’m planing on using, and if you have any other suggestions please let me know!

• By brendan123
      Hey All,
      Was hoping to get some insight as to what this black platform thing is under the saddle here. It looks like it goes all the way across the bridge and is slightly bigger than the bridge itself. I've only ever been exposed to the two pin style that mounts directly into the body, so I'm not sure if this is a mod or not. 
      Has anyone seen this before? Is it a factory rarity or something?
      Guitar:  Fender Jaguar, made in japan c.1993-1995ish.

• By Alldatjazz
      Hello everyone thanks for reading. I recently came across a Mustang that is supposedly a 1982, but it's very difficult to find info on these years. Can anyone tell me some tell-tale signs? I have a few pics of it that I will attach. 
      Serial: R018034 . Theres conflicting info on this. According to a mustang history page, that means it's 1982, but according to a decoder, it's a 2004 reissue?
      I can't figure out how to upload pics through here? So here's a link to the imgur gallery
      https://imgur.com/gallery/jNs2yUg
      If anyone can help, that'd be awesome and I'd really appreciate it.

• By cobain
      Hello, I have a telecaster (Phil pro) neck and a mustang floating bridge, pickups, etc. I want to make a DIY good looking jag-stang but I don't know where can I get blueprints with scale. Help to figure out!