Just wondering, how does a Jaguar feel/play?

and for all the jag owners: is the jaguar really a rock machine? For example, i have a friend and he's all into metal. Sometimes i come over and we jam (rofl, can you imagine me playing metal with my Epiphone Supernova). I was thinking of gettin a jaguar for a long time now tho and i was wondering if it can suit ANY muscistyle so i can jam with any1 (by the looks of a Jaguar i'd say yes, but i have no clue.)

OF COURSE IT ROCKS! KURDTZ USED IT! *lol* Just kidding there. Personally, I think Jaguars can do any style just as fine....sure, it doesn't have sizzling humbuckers (unless you're talking bout the KC version) but it has quite a distinctive tone that works for lots of style...think Strats...if they can work for Iron Maiden to Weezers, Jags are alot like them imo :)

I think the pedals and amps you use do affect the sound greatly. I use a RAT2 for my main overdrive and when I boost it with a Metal Zone, it's instant metal mayhem (though I don't play so much metal).

Ok, thanks for the info :-D

I guess that's gonna be my next guitar xD

and for all the jag owners: is the jaguar really a rock machine? For example, i have a friend and he's all into metal. Sometimes i come over and we jam (rofl, can you imagine me playing metal with my Epiphone Supernova). I was thinking of gettin a jaguar for a long time now tho and i was wondering if it can suit ANY muscistyle so i can jam with any1 (by the looks of a Jaguar i'd say yes, but i have no clue.)

OF COURSE IT ROCKS! KURDTZ USED IT! *lol* Just kidding there. Personally, I think Jaguars can do any style just as fine....sure, it doesn't have sizzling humbuckers (unless you're talking bout the KC version) but it has quite a distinctive tone that works for lots of style...think Strats...if they can work for Iron Maiden to Weezers, Jags are alot like them imo :)

Both of those bands having bridge humbuckers loaded into their Strats..

It depends a lot on your amp/pedals, but a Jag won't sound like your standard metal tone when distorted. It sounds neat and different, but not "metal" by most people's reckoning.

You're best off putting a singlecoil sized humbucker (JB Jr etc) or a beefy singlecoil like the Seymour Duncan Quarter Pound in the bridge position if you really want a more classic, warm classic/britrock tone out the Jaguar. Stock, it's pretty thin sounding.

Both of those bands having bridge humbuckers loaded into their Strats..

It depends a lot on your amp/pedals, but a Jag won't sound like your standard metal tone when distorted. It sounds neat and different, but not "metal" by most people's reckoning.

You're best off putting a singlecoil sized humbucker (JB Jr etc) or a beefy singlecoil like the Seymour Duncan Quarter Pound in the bridge position if you really want a more classic, warm classic/britrock tone out the Jaguar. Stock, it's pretty thin sounding.

tr00.

Hey powerchord....have a browse on youtube.com, theres guys on there playing anything from Van Halen to Hendrix on Jaguars, or check mad-mikes links out.

Even in stock form if you wax pot the pups it will stand up to metal styles with the right FX and amp, most guitars can be 'rock machine's' even your supernova....Alex Lifeson (Rush) used a 335 which is'nt dissimilar for years.

yeahehehe..

don't be sad bandit..i'm sure your jag is the best guitar for you...

the pups is a stock?you haven't changed it?

yeah there stock pups its a Super Distortion in the bridge and a PAF in the neck. I use the jag alot but ive gotten into my Black Beauty and Dinky more now so it hasnt seen as much use at it used to,plus I use stock stangs alot now for more Indie sounds.