Hello, I am looking to upgrade the pickups in my 1976 fender mustang, I love how it plays and wouldn't trade it for anything but I'm not entirely satisfied with the original pickups. I play almost entirely rhythm, and am looking for something that'll make the chords shine with highs and lows and give me the power I need for twangy riffs.

Really I would like anyone who's changed their mustang's pickups to give their opinion of what brands and models I should think about.

I want them to have the same plastic covers and I'm not afraid to pay for high end.

I play rockabilly style music with 60's influences.

• 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Alldatjazz
      Hello everyone thanks for reading. I recently came across a Mustang that is supposedly a 1982, but it's very difficult to find info on these years. Can anyone tell me some tell-tale signs? I have a few pics of it that I will attach. 
      Serial: R018034 . Theres conflicting info on this. According to a mustang history page, that means it's 1982, but according to a decoder, it's a 2004 reissue?
      I can't figure out how to upload pics through here? So here's a link to the imgur gallery
      https://imgur.com/gallery/jNs2yUg
      If anyone can help, that'd be awesome and I'd really appreciate it.

• By Kuub
      Hi guys!

I've got a Fender mustang competition from 1972.?
      When I bought the guitar there was no tremolo arm.
      I bought a new one online, which fits on a '65, but it doesn't fit.... (https://www.thomann.de/nl/fender_mustang_tremarm.htm)
      I measured the parts: the tremolo arm is close to Ø5mm (around Ø4,95mm), the bridge hole is around Ø4,7mm.
      Is the hole size correct, or should it be Ø5mm? Or do I need a thinner arm?

Hope someone can help me.

Greetings,
      Willem
    • By MtotheFLo
      I have a beautiful CIJ jag with Duncan Hot Jag pickups. Unlike a lot of people, I love the rhythm circuit, with its girth, warmth, and output. I do wish I could get slightly more high end from it though, without sacrificing its other qualities; almost like if the tone knob went another 25% higher. Which mod do y’all recommend to achieve that? Thanks!
    • By Highanddry
      Hi, so I’m a wiring noob and needing some help with the wiring I have in mind. I’m upgrading both pups in my JS. In the bridge I’m putting in a Seymour Duncan P-Rails, and in the neck a Lace Chrome Dome (or DiMarzio Area 67). (Two slide switches and Tone and Vol.)
      What I want to be able to do if possible is wire the neck switch to toggle between the neck/neck+bridge(parallel)/bridge. The bridge switch I want to wire to split the p-rails, rail/humbucker(series)/p-90.
      So, what I need is a diagram if possible and some advice about the switches. I assume i’ll need two 3-way on/on/on slide switches?
      Any help is greatly appreciated.