Hi guys, new here but have had my stang for a few years now. 

Just had a full fret level and setup but the finishing touches need to be added. 

Unfortunately one of the tuners is going loose and duff and needs replacing. 

my question is would these be a suitable replacement and i prefer locking machines for easy string changed and it may help the dreadful trem system a bit. . They fit fender vintage style so im guessing I would be good to go

https://www.thomann.de/gb/kluson_mlv6ln_nickel.htm

Cheers in advance if anyone can help. 

Yes, those tuners will fit. Those are just the American version.

Just FYI, the tuners that were initially installed on Jag-Stangs (and most Fender Japan guitars) new are not exactly very long for this world.  They are made by a company called Ping and are notorious for going loose, especially when used a lot.  It's also inherent to that vintage Kluson style design ('ve had the originals on mine, and a set of Kluson Tone Pros - both self-destruct if they get used/hit too much - not good for a hard working instrument).  I just replaced the tuners on my CIJ Jaguar for the same reason - I use Kluson Revolutions on my guitars.

Mad-Mike: You have the tuners listed in your Jag-Stang registry as the KFT-3085 model. Are those the CL's with H mount mounting style? If not, which ones are they? Were you able to just drop them in or did you have to drill the headstock? I'm looking for tuners that I can just drop into the Jagstang (with highest gear ratio I can get) and not have to drill into the headstock. I also have a Vista series Jagmaster and the tuners look identical to my naked eye, to the ones on the Jagstang, so I'm thinking I could replace the tuners on both of the guitars with the same replacement set, without modification.

Thoughts? I appreciate your insight, you seem to be a Jagstang expert!

On 6/12/2017 at 6:57 AM, Moody Tuner said:

Mad-Mike: You have the tuners listed in your Jag-Stang registry as the KFT-3085 model. Are those the CL's with H mount mounting style? If not, which ones are they? Were you able to just drop them in or did you have to drill the headstock? I'm looking for tuners that I can just drop into the Jagstang (with highest gear ratio I can get) and not have to drill into the headstock. I also have a Vista series Jagmaster and the tuners look identical to my naked eye, to the ones on the Jagstang, so I'm thinking I could replace the tuners on both of the guitars with the same replacement set, without modification.

Thoughts? I appreciate your insight, you seem to be a Jagstang expert!

Close, if your Jag-Stang's peghead holes are stock (un-widened) then you will probably want to use the below

KTNC-3805NL

Those are the ones that are on my reissue Jaguar.  They have the press-fit bushings.

the KT-3805CL is what my Jag-Stang, I need to correct that  (it has Schaller style collars with bolt bushings, and they are H-mount, not F mount) as I put Schallers on the Jag-Stang at one point when the original tuners started falling apart (I used them a lot, that guitar was in 1 step down, 1/2 step down, CGDGBE, DADGBE, and EADGBE quite frequently).

I finally got around to buying these tuners and at first I didn’t think they were going to fit. The bushings were slightly larger than the stock holes on my (Vista) Jagmaster. I ended up taking a thick rag and wrapping it around the bottom of the headstock and over the bushing that I was going to install. I then took a pair of pliers and carefully pushed the bushing into the headstock and they went in like butter. I repeated these steps for the others and the operation was successful; the new tuners were installed.

Now I’m confident I can do the same operation on the Jag-Stang. I noticed that these specific tuners are no longer listed on Kluson’s website. I’m going to write them and ask them if they’ve been discontinued. New sets are still out there to be picked up. I’ll probably end up buying a backup set at the very least.

Fender has several vintage tuning machine sets available. I’m going to check the comparability and gear ratio on those. I might decide to put Fender’s on the Jagstang, if they have a set with a high gear ratio. If anyone has any experience with these, please share your thoughts.

I wonder if anyone can advise me on replacement locking tuners for my Jagmaster?  I just bought some like-for-like Squier ones off of eBay and they are pretty rubbish, the tuning goes out with a tiny bit of string bending, so that's why I'm after getting some locking ones.  I bought my Jag in about 1997 and it has s/n CY04126903 Crafted in China.

Any tips most gratefully received!