That sounds cool. :) What settings do you have on your Nirvana amp?

Currently I am on Gain 7, Level 10, Treble 7, Bass 0. Also, if you know, what tone settings are best on a guitar? I've never really noticed any difference when I've fiddled with them to be honest, so I don't know what number I should have them on for the best to Nirvana sound.

For the Nirvana setup I use a Kustom Tube Amp with low and high on 10, my mid boost on. DS-1 tone knob set between 11 o clock and 1 o clock, and the small clone between 9 and twelve.

As for settings, usually I tend to have things balanced out, it just falls on my ears as sounding good that way.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

epiphone sg alpine white dimarzio x2n in bridge and D activator in neck fender fiesta red jagstang duncan jb in bridge and duncan vintage staggered in neck Fender M-80 chorus halfstack Boss DS-2, T

Well, we have some things in common. I too am the father of a 7 yr old little angel named Bella-Rose. I too work on cars and trucks. I have a couple of tire shops in Louisiana. My job comes first beca

i'm just re-venturing back to the music world after a long break Guitars:-- Blacktop jag, fully rebuilt from the ground up - bone nut, increased neck angle and glued, SD JB bridge, SD phat cat neck,

• 3 weeks later...

shell pink fender jaguar with duncan antiquity ii pickups--

rmc picture wah--boss tu-2 tuner--analogman sunface--pigtronix phaser--analogman ts808 TV mod--EHX Big Muff Pi--Crowther HotCake Bluesberry--Analogman Bi-Chorus--Pigtronix Echolution

into a Blackface Twin Reverb Reissue.

• 2 weeks later...

Guitar:

2007 MIM Standard Fender Strat (Midnight Wine, with Maple) Don't let the "MIM" fool you, it's pure classic Strat tone, and the 2007 ones were upgraded and are better quality than previous MIM's.

Pedals:

(From the beginning-right to left)

Fender Tuner pedal-->EHX Big Muff-->Danelectro French Toast Octave(though I don't use it hardly at all these days)-->Boss DS-1 Distortion-->Boss OD-1 Overdrive (replacing soon)-->EHX Small Stone Phase Shifter-->Dunlop Cry Baby Wah Pedal

I have an EHX Small Clone chorus that is broken...and I don't use the DS-1 for distortion (i turn the Dist. all the way down and use it as an overdrive to let my Strat's personality shine through it)

Amp:

VOX AD100VT (Tube Modeler) I have it set on the Vox AC30 setting. And I also use the Vox Switch Pedal for additional effects that are mounted on the amp.

• 2 weeks later...

guitar

AV Jag sunburst (super distortion and paf) :-tired

amps:

fender champion 110

fender super champ xd (alltube)

fender hot rod deville (F.A.T.)

effects:

boss ds-1

boss ds-2

tech 21 sansamp tri a.c.

ehx small clone

ehx little big muff

boss pro se-70

boss gt-8

Mine is usually:

AV Jazzmaster or Tele > BOSS TU-2 > Visual Sound Jekkyl and Hyde > EHX LPB-1 (Boost) > BOSS TR-2 tremolo > BOSS CH-2 Chorus > EHX Small Stone > '71 Twin Reverb or Hot Rod Deluxe

Most of it:

HPIM2040.jpg

HPIM2036-1.jpg

Geez Nolan! I thought you were into country?? Whats with the Metal Zone?? (Great pedal though right?! Its my standard for distortion ) You have a very nice rig dude! I could be happy using no more than what you've got there, for the rest of my life! Simple and straight forward.

• 2 weeks later...

Cool rig becky, nice to see a 'Pistols' poster in the background too.

My rig is very basic now, i used to use a lot of pedals but i have no need anymore.

Fender Jaguar/Fender Toronado>JD Wah Wah>Tuner>Line 6 Crunchtone>Boss DD-6 Digital Delay>Marshall DSL 2000.

mist5.jpg

The line up of my pedals are:

Rat, TurboRat, Ds1, Os-2, Ac2, PolyChorus, Small Clone, Holy Grail Plus, MXR Phase 90, DD6, Deluxe MemoryMan, and RC-2.

Got a TU2 I'm selling, want to get a Flanger, Tremolo, and Wah pedal and sell the Polychorus 'cos it's too damn big for my suitcase pedal board.

As for guitars I've got a custom one I'm putting together, it's going to be surf green, body by Robert and tilt back neck custom headstock by Aug

90 Red Stratocaster American Deluxe - thinking bout putting some LaceSensor pickups on it

96 Sonic Blue Jag-Stang with a JB sh-4.

And a tiny Kustom amp and a Marshall amp, forgot what model, would check, but it's at my fellow guitarist's house. Want to get an Orange amp sometime down the line.

• 4 weeks later...

Mines pretty lame but i dont have a job and usually rely on layaway so...

vox amp (really small but has a lot of effects built in)

boss ds-1

Fender Jaguar

Telecaster Squier

I have a moserite copy on layaway now (i think its a dylan idk) after that ill probably get a bigger amp and more effects Im thinking big muff and ds-2

• 3 weeks later...

Guitars:

I mostly use my Fender '69 RI Mustang, or my Epi Firebird V. But I also have a Leverty custom (designed by yours truely) and an old, unnamed 335 copy, just in case.

Effects:

EHX Big Muff --> EHX Sovtek Small Stone --> Marshall Vibratrem --> Jim Dunlop Crybaby.

I barely use the Vibratrem, but its nice to have... And I've been thinking of adding a Marshall Echohead in there.

Amp:

I usually use a 1960s Hiwatt 100 watt Custom head through 2 2x12 Wem columns. Sometimes use Dad's Fender Blues Deluxe.

Not figured out how to get photos up here yet, so I'll get some once I've figured it out...

• 3 weeks later...

My main guitar is my 72 tele deluxe but my two back ups are my 69 mustang and my tele custom.

As for amps I use an Orange head with either a univox cab with two 12's or an Orange cab with four 12's. If i'm not using this set up I'm useing my fender hot rod blues deville amp which has four 10's in it.

as for pedals I use a boss blues driver (only if I'm using my fender amps) other wise it's just distortion from my Orange. Then I have a ehx small clone, mxr boost pedal and your standard boss tuner.

Guitar:

Epiphone Dot

Pedals:

Vox V847 Wah

ProCo Rat

EHX Small Clone

Amp:

Epiphone Valve Jr.

I figure this is a decent rig (as I'm thirteen,) but I', looking into a Jag or Mustang for next guitar. :-cool

id get a new amp first.

I personally loved the Epi Jr. Put it through a powerful enough 4x12 and it's awesome. No clean at volume though, which is a prime requisite of mine, so yeah...

theres nothing wrong with a valve junior, i played through one the other day. but it is extremely limited in terms of tone and headroom. id say spending that 600 dollars on an amp as opposed to guitar would be the better choice. a guitar can only be as good as the amp its run through. plenty of guys'll run 300 dollar squiers through 1500 dollar amps.