Your rig?

• 2 weeks later...

Mines either a fender mustang with a sd 59 humbucker in the bridge and a qp jaguar pickup in the neck or a cortez ferrari hh strat copy from the 70s through: a dunlop volume pedal, Boss tu2, eh double muff, dunlop og wah, fultone OCD, EH pulsar, and VS H20 all going into a Mesa nomad 100 and marshall 1960 cab or an ampeg VH140.

• 4 weeks later...

Top to right :)

Daphon Cheap Bastard CB-01 Tuner - EHX Stereo Memory Man w/Hazarai - EHX Vintage Polyphase

Colorsound Wah/Swell (modded) - RR Dream Machine (Custom Fuzz) - Digitech Digiverb

RR Eclipse (Custom overdrive/Distortion/Fuzz) - RR Feedback Looper Deluxe - RR Centaur(custom overdrive/preamp) - Yamaha Fl-01 flanger - Vox footswitch

svecl7.jpg

My Pics suck a.s :-(

Top to right :)

Daphon Cheap Bastard CB-01 Tuner - EHX Stereo Memory Man w/Hazarai - EHX Vintage Polyphase

Colorsound Wah/Swell (modded) - RR Dream Machine (Custom Fuzz) - Digitech Digiverb

RR Eclipse (Custom overdrive/Distortion/Fuzz) - RR Feedback Looper Deluxe - RR Centaur(custom overdrive/preamp) - Yamaha Fl-01 flanger - Vox footswitch

svecl7.jpg

My Pics suck a.s :-(

Nice. I take it you make those RR pedals yourself? Got any video demos? It'd be interesting to hear what they sound like.

what are your thoughts on the center as an overdrive, not boost?

Its like an amp in a box - tone, volume and gain (think class A), so the pedal gets saturated and gives you natural overdrive - but the volume is the essence - on lesser volume is very "ordinary" (modded bd-2 kind of tone), when you krank your amp, the madness arrives :) I use it a) as an overdrive and the B) as boost; The weird thing is - tone is very natural, and warm - never heard that warmth from a pedal before - I'm 30, playing since 13-14yrs old and had a lot of pedals :)

The conclusion: if you're just playing at home at low levels, you'll probably never hear the benefit, there are better opts; But if you play loud (HRD on 4 at least) I recommend it :-D

As an introductionary post on this forum:

my gear:

stock Fender Jag-Stang (fiesta red)

Ibanez Musician (1978)

Epiphone worn Firebird Studio (apparently the call it a limited edition/custom shop)

Boss TU12

Dunlop Crybaby

Boss DS1

Marshall BluesBreakerII

MXR Blue Box

EHX Big Muff

Fender Blender Custom

EHX Polychorus

EHX Small Clone

Blackheart Engineering Little Giant 3 or 5 Watt (switchable)All tube + Blackheart Engineering 1x12 (eminence)

ENGL thunder 50 drive All tube (Celestion V30) Combo

groetjes! wie gehtst?

If you looking for your average Fuzz pedal, definately don't buy it! The thing it does best is making your tone sound like a ####ed up old school Nintendo or Gameboy running through a fuzz box.

Its a Fuzz, that sounds cool/awesome whatever if you don't use the blend knob, (Blend turned all the way down) but the more you dial the blend knob in, the more 'random' it sounds, it like jumps around between the two octaves below your original clean guitar tone, making it very usable for freaky sounds and random noise, but quite unusable as a regular fuzz box. If you like fuzz, and a little freaky stuff i recommend the Fender Blender Custom (altough it is an octave up added to the clean sound, rather than 1 or 2 octaves down as the blue box does).

traded a peavey valveking + 130$ for an egmond colorado (semi hollow w/ jaguarish trem) and a fender telecaster knockoff with a seymour duncan rails bridge pickup and vintage fender ashtray.

colorado is sick, i love the bridge pickup clean, which is something i cant say for many guitars. And for a plywood body guitar, it sounds damn nice. the bridge is genius, its got roller saddles shaped like jaguar ones, so you can change the strings' position, but the strings dont pop out. the trem has the feel of a bigsby. The neck is thin like a fender, but it is almost a semi-circle, its #### bulky. the sound is great except its the squealiest guitar ive ever played, the pickups are definitely not wax potted.

The teles ok, it needs a new 15th fret, and im gonna replace the neck pickup. The bridge pickup is great clean, none of the nasty upper mids of stock tele bridge pickups.

so the rig is now: egmond colorado/no-name tele/fender jaguar/ washburn wi64(sg-ish) into fender bassman 10 or crate palomino v8

or, epiphone acoustic.

no luck on pics, took a few of all my guitars but couldnt upload em. give it another shot wednesday (vacation bitches).

by the way, the lipstick pup in my jag, i havent told you guys how it sounds yet because i dont know, i dont think its grounded. when its on by itself, nothing, when its parallel with the HFH, nothing, when in series with the hfh, nothing UNLESS i touch the metal on the pickup...?

when i first tried it out, it was this weird makeshift way of doing it with wires coming out of the guitar, and being squished by the humbucker ring, i may have damaged it.

do you get sound out of a pickup if its not grounded?