• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

epiphone sg alpine white dimarzio x2n in bridge and D activator in neck fender fiesta red jagstang duncan jb in bridge and duncan vintage staggered in neck Fender M-80 chorus halfstack Boss DS-2, T

Well, we have some things in common. I too am the father of a 7 yr old little angel named Bella-Rose. I too work on cars and trucks. I have a couple of tire shops in Louisiana. My job comes first beca

i'm just re-venturing back to the music world after a long break Guitars:-- Blacktop jag, fully rebuilt from the ground up - bone nut, increased neck angle and glued, SD JB bridge, SD phat cat neck,

Current set up is:

Guitar (usually my Custom Les Paul) - Morley Bad Horsie - Cool Cat Fuzz - Zvex Super Hard On - Catalinbread Dirty Little Secret - Made by Mike Crunch Box - Boss HF-2 - MXR Carbon Copy - Boss TU-2 - Boss RC-2 -> Amp (Orange Rockerverb 50H or Marshall JVM410H or Orange Tiny Terror or Blackstar HT-5).

P7040459.jpg

P7040460.jpg

jag/p90 tele/egmond holowbody/silvertone strat/custom cigar box -> MI audio boost 'n' buff -> Russian Muff -> DD7 -> effect signal to '75 bassman 10, dry signal to ampeg j12t

soon to include a cae/mxr wah/boost + a dano cool cat timmy

how u like the dd7 trav? am so close to buying one. . .

it's great. i almost always use it as a looper, but it also gets wonderful, honest delay sounds - ie no coloration (excepting analog mode). aside from straight delays, great reverb sounds can be had w/modulation. The delays go longer than anyone ever needs. I've yet to keep in time at maximum delay. if all you need is delay though, you might want to look at a dd6 if they're cheaper, but the looper here is incredible.

the looper is one of the reasons i like the look of it. . . i was interested in the line 6 dl4 at first but the dd7 looks so much better imo, although the dl4 has all the different modes etc. im much more interested in a straight up digital delay and the looper thing (which is longer than the dl4)

so definetly dd7, you've sold me it trav :)

• 2 weeks later...
f9891c1f.jpg

I only found out about the EH Memory Boy yesterday, it looks awesome. Can you reccomend it?

I'd assume you can otherwise it wouldn't be on your pedalboard. :lol:

I've been thinking about getting another delay 'cause I can't get any crazy warbles etc out of my Akai Headrush, so if the Memory Boy can do that, then I'm sold.

Also, what's that white pedal in the top right corner?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I only found out about the EH Memory Boy yesterday, it looks awesome. Can you reccomend it?

I'd assume you can otherwise it wouldn't be on your pedalboard. :lol:

I've been thinking about getting another delay 'cause I can't get any crazy warbles etc out of my Akai Headrush, so if the Memory Boy can do that, then I'm sold.

Also, what's that white pedal in the top right corner?

Memory Boy is brilliant, get one. Don't "settle" for the Memory Toy either this one is cracking.

It does awesome warblies and self oscilation

white pedal is a Box of Rock

I WANT THAT HARDWIRE REVERB!

how do you like it?

its amazing, hasn't left my board and its usually always on unless i'm playing a venue with a lot of natural reverb

My setup: (No actual pics of my current set up at the moment)

Modified 66 Mustang/Modified Jaguar (see pics thread in those forums for pics)> 1978 OPAMP Big Muff (or a 1981 Big Muff depending on songs)>mid 90's Sovtek Big Muff (Modified)>SansAmp GT2>Blue Box>1978 small stone> XO pulsar>RC-2 loop station> 65 RI Twin Reverb.

BTW, here's a pic of my Muffs:

(I've true bypassed all these. the first sovtek is modded to my own version i came up with, the second is a ramshead I built and shoved in a sovtek box, the third is modded to my own specs and is true bypass but I kept the original switch cause it looks cool.

the first EHX muff is a RI, I added tone bypass on it, the second is the 78' opamp, the 3rd is the 81' 3034 muff. The LBM is modded into a stock NYC RI, the BMP+TW is stock)

Here's my amp with some pedals I use occasionally: (the amp on the right is used for vocals occasionally at rehearsals.)

I add/remove various modulation effects at times depending on songs I play, I sometimes use a stereo memory man with hazarai with the small stone for noise, I'll be replacing the hazarai with the memory toy cause I like to keep all my pedals on 9v batteries as I hate cords and plugs all over the place.I don't use pedal boards.

BTW, my band is no longer active at this point in time.

Yeah its good for Melvins, Slayer type stuff and even AC/DC at lower gain levels.

Its a excellent pedal, I don't use mine anymore cause its not the sound I use, my sound has changed drastically over the past couple of years so I have a lot of unused pedals lying around.

Guitar

2009 Eastwood Hi Flyer- Sunburst

2008 Squier Jagmaster- Sunburst

2009 Fender Standard Strat- Black

2008 Squier Bullet Strat- Artic White

1996 Korean Squier Strat- Black

2008 Squier Telecaster- Vintage Blonde

2002 Washburn Lyon- Black

Sierra Bass- Black

Yamaha FX335 Acoustic Electric

Austin Acoustic

2009 Silvertone Les Paul Copy

Effects

Digitech Grunge Distortion

EHX Small Clone

Boss Ds1

EHX Deluxe Electric Mistress

Digitech Rp150

Amps

Marshall MG10

Fender Frontman 212r

Yeah its good for Melvins, Slayer type stuff and even AC/DC at lower gain levels.

Its a excellent pedal, I don't use mine anymore cause its not the sound I use, my sound has changed drastically over the past couple of years so I have a lot of unused pedals lying around.

ya dont want to sell it do ya?

Guitar

2009 Eastwood Hi Flyer- Sunburst

2008 Squier Jagmaster- Sunburst

2009 Fender Standard Strat- Black

2008 Squier Bullet Strat- Artic White

1996 Korean Squier Strat- Black

2008 Squier Telecaster- Vintage Blonde

2002 Washburn Lyon- Black

Sierra Bass- Black

Yamaha FX335 Acoustic Electric

Austin Acoustic

2009 Silvertone Les Paul Copy

Effects

Digitech Grunge Distortion

EHX Small Clone

Boss Ds1

EHX Deluxe Electric Mistress

Digitech Rp150

Amps

Marshall MG10

Fender Frontman 212r

Mate you need to cut down on the quantity and get some quality :)

Some pretty damn cool guitars you get there though

Figured I'd actually throw some pictures up on here now I've got my room at uni sorted again:

Main axe, 2002 Gibson SG special faded. Mods include my own particular bridge/ tailpiece setup, killswitch, and Lace Sensor Dually Gold/gold with coilsplit in the neck. The bridge pickup is a Bare Knuckle Riff Raff.

Photo214.jpg

Photo215.jpg

Second axe, my Jaguar (old photo, I've taken the buzzstop off it now).

P1010010.jpg

Amp, Selmer TnB Mk3 50 watt, all valve amp dated 1968. Not too hard to find or expensive. I've had to do a fiar bit of repairs to this, including recapping and revalving it, and replacing a tone control. I use Electro Harmonix valves. The cab was built by my dad and wired by me, contains 2 Celestion Rock Driver Pro drivers, 80 watts each.

Photo209.jpg

Homemade pedalboard and pedals.

Photo206.jpg