• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

epiphone sg alpine white dimarzio x2n in bridge and D activator in neck fender fiesta red jagstang duncan jb in bridge and duncan vintage staggered in neck Fender M-80 chorus halfstack Boss DS-2, T

Well, we have some things in common. I too am the father of a 7 yr old little angel named Bella-Rose. I too work on cars and trucks. I have a couple of tire shops in Louisiana. My job comes first beca

i'm just re-venturing back to the music world after a long break Guitars:-- Blacktop jag, fully rebuilt from the ground up - bone nut, increased neck angle and glued, SD JB bridge, SD phat cat neck,

sweet strat dude, love the addiction sticker

i'm not sure anymore if i'm being made fun of but oh well,

i'm trying to figure out what full stops are and i think it's this.

that is my first guitar and i can't ever get rid of her. I just had the pickups changed and new tuners and an american fender bridge which i think gave them trouble but it stays in tune. I love it, it's beat to hell and i can't find another scarface sticker with the desk full of powder. We found some old knobs in a box and threw them on there. I want a joe strummer telecaster and she would have a perfect match.

If you are being sincere thank you very much, i could buy a new guitar for the money i have in her but it would have no history. I gave 100 dollars and a sheet of acid in 1997 and i got the guitar and a dod stereo flanger and a marshall shred master pedal so i did ok i think.

You got the full stops right! :smile:

And no, Glenn wasn't making fun of you. I concur that it's a pretty nice looking strat, to be honest though I'm more interested in your amp and the Shred Master pedal, I don't think we've ever had anyone on here with an original one of them. Not many Mesa Boogie users either. Very nice by all accounts.

just noticed you can see the settings on the mesa. I will buy an eq pedal next to try and roll some highs off. The amp is just plain loud and maybe thats why it seems like there's too much highs.

or maybe with the mids all the way up i may be picking up some high frequencies?

you can see on the shredmaster i have the gain dimed and the treble on 0

whats the deal with the EQ? why do you have the bass on zero? and the mids on 10... if you turn the bass up it will sound a little more balanced and you might not have such a problem with treble. :mellow:

that may be it, thanks. The reason is i was using the drop tune pedal and the lower i went with the drop (2 and then 3 steps) it became very bassy and artificial sounding. I do understand that the point of dropping it is to become bassy but the lower notes sounded very synthetic.

It has always been trebley sounding, it may be because i'm always 2 feet from it.

that may be it, thanks. The reason is i was using the drop tune pedal and the lower i went with the drop (2 and then 3 steps) it became very bassy and artificial sounding. I do understand that the point of dropping it is to become bassy but the lower notes sounded very synthetic.

It has always been trebley sounding, it may be because i'm always 2 feet from it.

So don't use the pedal...? id also turn the presence down a bit as well. btw, what type of music do you play, grunge?

So don't use the pedal...? id also turn the presence down a bit as well. btw, what type of music do you play, grunge?

i wish it was as easy as duh don't use that pedal

I was using the drop tune because the song was written 1 full step down for the main riff and the verses are drop d one full step down. I used my v that i got from wayne because he uses a hipshot on the low e and the sh-6 pickup sounds great in lower tunings. I sometimes play lower than that and i always use this guitar because it sounds great down tuned.(if you listen to the second static-x cd until the second to last cd its that guitar)

When the guitar was given to me on the back of the headstock it says c1, i'm assuming that was #1 c tuned guitar.

I like the way my strats and jaguar feel and i can play with a lot more confidence because they are mine and i'm used to them. I don't like the way they sound and feel in lower tunings(flimsy and clumsy). That is why i bought the drop tune pedal. So it sounds like problem solved, nope, not that easy. Through the mesa the pedal sounds terrible but through the vox it sounds ok.

So i'm trying different things to get it laid down the way i hear it in my head. Which i could do if i overdubbed the rhythm two or three times with different guitars and different amps, next problem is i can't seem to keep on tempo when i switch guitars so it becomes real messy. And honestly i'm not skilled enough nor do i practice enough to run through the rhythm.(this seems stupid because i just said i can't play a song i wrote)

the sound is in my head and in my gear i just have to find it

i quit covering years ago to focus more on writing so i don't play a certain genre but if i'd have to pick one it would be heavy blues.

Nice score on the shredmaster. Those are pretty pricey. I picked up a shredmaster clone on evilbay for $40. Can't wait to try it out.

In my rig setup, I didn't mention pedals. I have a Crybaby Wah, DOD Bass Grunge, Flanger, Daddy-O, Rat, and Shredmaster clone (coming soon).

I am currently building a pedalboard and will post pics with them when it is done.

Nice score on the shredmaster. Those are pretty pricey. I picked up a shredmaster clone on evilbay for $40. Can't wait to try it out.

In my rig setup, I didn't mention pedals. I have a Crybaby Wah, DS-1 Distortion, Flanger, Fab Tone, Rat, and Shredmaster clone (coming soon).

I am currently building a pedalboard and will post pics with them when it is done.

I am after an original sansamp and a rat. Anyone have any comments on either of those? I can't believe i don't have a rat, somehow i just missed that phase i guess.

I don't use that shredmaster very often, I personally am not after that sound. I'm keeping it for the same reason i'm keeping my les paul bfg, they are rare. Plus i wanna build an arsenal for my daughter to use when she gets older and wants to learn. She might love them who knows.

Also, you said flanger, may i ask what kind? I think that dod flanger i have was a lucky pickup also.

Oh sorry one more thing. Are you building a pedal board or buying one. Reason is i bought one at guitar center and it sucks. It flickers on and off. I'm gonna find the brand later and post it.

My flanger is a Boss one. It works ok. I hope to get a phaser soon too. If you are looking for a vintage rat, you can get one on ebay from time to time. I got a new ProCo rat for around $40 on ebay and the seller had a bunch so it is easy to find. I listened to some youtube videos compairing the two and they sound almost the same.

I am building my own pedalboard with encloser out of plywood. It is assembled at the moment, I just need to paint it, add the Veltex fabric for the velcro and the hardware. Wasn't too hard. Just need a table saw, jig saw, lumber, screws and such. Mine will likely way a ton more than a premade pro one, but I think mine might be bomb proof since it is all 3/4 inch plywood with tons of wood glue and screws..... LOL

I like trying to grab different distortion sounds because you never know what one you might want to use at any given moment. My Daddy-O has a nice mellow fuzz, my shredmaster is a good even distortion, and my rat is way more crazy. The flanger works ok, but I don't use it often. Same with my crybaby. It still has the power sticker on the pedal. I also found my DOD Bass Grunge pedal. Still need to try that with my guitars.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

its the amp i've always dreamed of. i wasn't sure about the amount of gain seeing as its a "vintage" voiced amp, but man this thing can get mean. The guy i bought it from didn't have a footswitch so i ended up making one on my own tonight with great results. Pics tomorrow if time permits.

My Current guitars are a

Gibson Les Paul Studio,

Gibson SG Gothic,

Fender Highway One Tele,

Fender Billy Corgan Strat,

Fender Jagstang.

Amps

Fender Champ reissue

Peavey KBA 150

Effects

Live: Pod XT Live

Recording:

zvex fuzz factory

Bf3 flanged

Big muff

And many others I love making odd and unusual sounds so I like to collect pedals.

Sorry I haven't had time to take a pic yet with work and school. I'll list them now and hopefully post a pic this weekend.

Boss pedals:

PS-3 Pitch Shifter and Delay

AC-3 Acoustic Simulator

PH-3 Phase Shifter

BF-3 Flanger

TR-2 Tremolo

MT-2 Metal Zone

DS-1 (I think there is a law that every guitarist must own this pedal at least once this is my third)

Line 6 Stuff

POD XT Live

POD 2.0 with FB-4

Pocket POD

FM-4 Filter Modeler With Expression pedal

DL-4 Delay Modeler

Z. Vex Fuzz Factory

EH Big Muff

Digitech Whammy 4

Crybaby 535 Wah

Ibanez Sound Tank Auto Wah

Korg KP3 Kaoss Pad

Zoom 506II Bass Fx

Yamaha DG Stomp

and not a pedal but a great tool an Ebow

My rig!

Guitars:

-2006 Fender Eric Johnson Stratocaster, sunburst

-1994 Fender Fender Mustang(MIJ), Olympic White

-1993 Gibson Les Paul Standard, sunburst, Seymour Duncan Phat Cat pickups

-2004 Gibson Melody Maker, TV-yellow, Fralin P-90

-2008 Gibson SG Special Faded, brun, med pickup-covers, Seymour Duncan Phat Cat in the bridge

-Carlson Jag-style

-Partsomaster: Fender Mexico neck, Warmoth body, RS-electronics, GFS P-90`s

-Squier Jaguar Bass

Amps:

Hiwatt DR-504, Custom 50

Peavey Classic 50-212

Epiphone Valve Jr head with 1x12 cab

Marshall 1936 2x12 cab

Effects:

Artec Vintage Tremolo

Boss CE-3(Japan)

Boss DF-2

Boss DS-1

Boss OD-1

Boss SD-1

Danelectro Cool Cat Vibe

Danelectro PJ&B Delay

Electro-Harmonix Micro Pog

Fulltone `70

Fulltone OCD v.4

Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet

Fulltone Clyde Standard Wah

Ibanez Soundtank Trashmetal

Korg Pitch Black

Korg Stage Echo SE-500

ProCo Rat 2

Retro-Sonic Analog Delay

Xotic AC Booster

T-Rex Fueltank

Phaser

• 2 weeks later...

Since I'm waiting for my new precious to arrive in the mail, I'm in the market for a new fuzz pedal.

Any ideas? I'm looking for a good Jack-of-all-trades. Something that can sound a little like vintage Fuzzface up to a screaming Univox Superfuzz. I've got my eye on the Voodoo Lab Superfuzz, MXR Classic 108, or an Analogman SunFace.

Since I'm waiting for my new precious to arrive in the mail, I'm in the market for a new fuzz pedal.

Any ideas? I'm looking for a good Jack-of-all-trades. Something that can sound a little like vintage Fuzzface up to a screaming Univox Superfuzz. I've got my eye on the Voodoo Lab Superfuzz, MXR Classic 108, or an Analogman SunFace.

Big Muff Pi?