• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

epiphone sg alpine white dimarzio x2n in bridge and D activator in neck fender fiesta red jagstang duncan jb in bridge and duncan vintage staggered in neck Fender M-80 chorus halfstack Boss DS-2, T

Well, we have some things in common. I too am the father of a 7 yr old little angel named Bella-Rose. I too work on cars and trucks. I have a couple of tire shops in Louisiana. My job comes first beca

i'm just re-venturing back to the music world after a long break Guitars:-- Blacktop jag, fully rebuilt from the ground up - bone nut, increased neck angle and glued, SD JB bridge, SD phat cat neck,

Since I'm waiting for my new precious to arrive in the mail, I'm in the market for a new fuzz pedal.

Any ideas? I'm looking for a good Jack-of-all-trades. Something that can sound a little like vintage Fuzzface up to a screaming Univox Superfuzz. I've got my eye on the Voodoo Lab Superfuzz, MXR Classic 108, or an Analogman SunFace.

out of any of those, sunface by a mile.

my rig!

one of these

Fender srv STRAT

KC jag

Mustang x3

Schecter

Jackson x2

gibson townshend sg

epi les paul

Into SKB pedal board

thru

Vox wah

Memory Man

OS-2

Tubescreamer

Small Clone

Hash brown flanger

Out to

Marshall 1959 Super Lead Plexi RI

with 4x12 cab

thats me rig for shows practice

Guitar-------crate palamino.

:blink: Holy Sh!t

Blacktop Jazzmaster

Squier CV Duo-Sonic

pedals (in order on the pedalboard):

Blue Monster Growler

ProCo You Dirty Rat

Behringer VP1 phaser

Boss BF-2

Behringer CC300 chorus

Behringer VD400 delay

TC Electronic Nova Repeater

Behringer RV600 reverb

amp: Vox Pathfinder 15r

rack effects:

Sony DPS-V55

Lexicon LXP-15 II

Roland DEP-5

Roland SDE-330

Digitech RDS-1900

CIJ Jag/ Fender Toronado/ Danelectro Mod 6/ Epiphone EA-250

-->

Boss TU-2 > Analogman-modded Ibanez TS-9 > EHX Deluxe Memory Boy > Line 6 DL-4 > EXH Stereo Memory Man w/ Hazarai > Boss RV-5

-->

Vox AC-15 w/ U.K. Celestion Greenback (internal speaker usually bypassed) > Orange PPC212

Everything is running through Monster Cable.

Blacktop Jazzmaster

Squier CV Duo-Sonic

pedals (in order on the pedalboard):

Blue Monster Growler

ProCo You Dirty Rat

Behringer VP1 phaser

Behringer CC300 chorus

Behringer VD400 delay

TC Electronic Nova Repeater

Behringer RV600 reverb

amp: Vox Pathfinder 15r

rack effects:

Sony DPS-V55

Lexicon LXP-15 II

Roland DEP-5

Roland SDE-330

Digitech RDS-1900

nice how you liking the jazzmaster?

nice how you liking the jazzmaster?

Overall, I like it. It's my first Jazzmaster and I'm relatively new to guitars, so I don't have much to compare it to other than the CV 50s Tele I had and the CV Duo-Sonic I have now. I wish it had a locking tremolo system, but it's not a huge deal. I'm not crazy about the sound of the humbucker on its own. The humbucker sounds nasally or middy, for lack of a better description. I know not all humbuckers sound like that because I tried out a Gretsch G5120 in a store and I loved it. I rarely use it on its own and will eventually replace it with another pickup (just not sure if I want a more traditional JM pickup or another humbucker). A friend suggested replacing it with something along the lines of a Gretsch Filtertron.

It's comfortable to play (replaced the stock 9s with 10s) and sounds clearer on chords using lower strings than the Duo-Sonic. In fact, I find myself playing a lot more than the Duo-Sonic right now, although I like the Duo-Sonic, too.

Not my rig, but a friends current as of last saturday night. They played blue moon saloon in Lafayette Louisiana.

Dax Riggs

SANY0264.jpg

lead guitarist Julian Primeaux

SANY0263.jpg

Dax plays the sheraton and jules plays the ibanez. There is an old vox ac30 top boost(i think) right out of the pic

SANY0260.jpg

One more. This one has nothing to do with their rig, i just thought it looked funny because they were both doing the same thing at the same time. I know i beat this horse to death, but dax is unlike anything out there. If anyone knows a similar sound to his please let me know. I can not imagine him staying underground much longer with the cult status he has built around the world. He fronted acid bath, agents of oblivion, and deadboy and the elephantman. Thanks

040.jpg

Update :D

Replaced the Orange 4x12 that my Rockerverb was driving with an Egnater Tourmaster 4x12 due to endorsement from a local Egnater dealer. Picked up an Orange Rocker 30 and Egnater 2x12 solely for the "natural" channel, which will become my clean channel.

Still working with the Rockerverb for now, but might be tempted to bring the Egnater Tourmaster 4100 with me on tour. Only time will tell if I'm ready to part with my Orange for two months.

• 4 weeks later...

my rig's not changed that much since I last posted it, but the faces around here have changed a lot so I figured I'd repost it.....

Main Guitars

-MIM Fender Tele

-'95 Fender Jag-Stang

-'92 Fender Squier Series Strat

Backup Guitars (guitars I leave back home so I dun have take the rest with me when I visit)

-'85 Harmony Strat Copy

-Modded Squier Affinity Strat

-7 Guitars Custom w/ chambered body

-Oscar Schmidt Acoustic (for the rare occassion that I play unplugged)

Amps

-'62 Magnatone Custom 410 (my main amp)

-Vox AC15CC1 (basically my back up amp)

-Danelectro Honeytone Headphone Amp

-A cheap Johnson SS and a broken Peavey SS that I screw around with at home

Pedals

-Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Fuzzface (This is the only pedal I use consistently and is usually the only pedal I have onstage)

-Boss GE-7 Graphic EQ (use occassionally, but really I only have it cuz I got it in a trade)

-Boss DS-1 (cheap distortion that I leave at my dad's house for when I visit)

-Marshall Guv'nor 2 Overdrive (my first pedal. I also just leave at my dad's to mess with when I'm there)

Gear I Used To Have (just for fun)

-Vox Valvetronix AD50VT212 (my first real amp, just got rid of it cuz I had too many amps around)

-Fender Blender Fuzz Pedal (loved this thing but I had to trade it to get my strat)

-Kramer Vanguard (Just sorta grew outta this axe traded it for my strat)

-Epi Les Paul (dun remember the particular model but it was the absolute cheapest one pricewise that Epi made at the time. got in in a trade during my brief Les Paul kick traded it in on my Tele)

-Squier Bullet Strat (really loved this guitar for a long time then grew out of it and traded it in on my tele)

-Boss Metalcore Distortion Pedal (relic back during my metal stint, gave it to a friend for free when I found it in the back of my car after I thought I had gotten rid of it months earlier)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Luke, aren't you like 19? Where does your money for this stuff come from?

I'll have pics of my new gear up soon, still waiting for some stuff to arrive.

Ditto. New VHT head supposed to arrive today and with two more pedals, I need to redo my pedalboard setup. Also new guitars. I might just get a guitar family photo done tonight once kids are in bed.