Live Rig

GUITARS:

- Jag-Stang - EMG 81/SA-1, EMG Pi2 Phase inverter, no-load tone pot, 66' Mustang Trem (more range.....Floyd range)

- Mustang - Stock save for the 96' Jag-Stang Vibrato Unit

- Jaguar - SD Cool Rails, 500K Pots, Push/Pull Coil Tap

- Jazzmaster - Fender/Pickup Wizards Jazzmaster Pickups, hot Wound, home built guitar

- Hondo Paul Dean - Bone Stock

EFFECTS

GUITAR--->Sennheiser Wireless >>>>>>Sennhiser FreePort Reciever--->Digitech WH-4 Whammy--->BOSS PS-5 Super Shifter--->ZVEX Fuzz Factory--->Dunlop GCB95 Wah--->EHX Stereo PolyChorus--->Behringer PH-9 Phaser--->Behringer Multi-Effects (set to Flange)--->BOSS DD-7 Digital Delay--->AMP

AMP

Bugera 333XL Head

-- EL34 Power, 12AX7 Preamp

-- Peavey 412M Cabinet with GK85s Celestion Speakers X4

-- Bugera Cab with Bugera Speakers

Home Studio Rig

GUITARS - 27 total, including basses, over 30 if that includes those not even built yet

EFFECTS

GUITAR--->DigiTech WH4 Whammy--->Behringer V-Amp Pro<--->Behringer 2024P virtualizer Pro Effects Rack unit (Stereo into Effects loop of V-AMP)--->Computer

COMPUTER

Intel Pentium D 3.40GHz CPU

4GB of DDR2 800MHz RAM

1.5 Terabytes of Hard Disk Space

Windows 7 64-bit Pro/Ubuntu Linux 11

REAPER (whatever is the most recent version)

Windows Live Movie Maker

Cyberlink Power Director and Power Producer

MidiLand Speakers, Creative noise Cancelling Headphones

LIVINGROOM RIG

GUITARS: Same

EFFECTS: Digitech RP250

AMP

1985 Panasonic Mondo Component Stereo

thanks! can anyone tell me the best way to set up a talk box?

Talk Boxes are fiddly. You have to connect it between the amplifier and the speaker, rather than between the guitar and the amplifier. So your signal chain will go:

Guitar -> regular FX pedals -> amplifier -> talk box -> speaker.

Then you also, obviously, need the tube from the talk box attached to your microphone (not electrically connected, just strapped up to it on the mic stand).

Lots of people don't really like using talk boxes 'cause, well, something goes wrong and they can blow your whole rig up. And electrocute you.

If you want some real talk box inspirado though, check out the song "Jambi" by Tool.

Not been on here in a while, started a new job and moved to the other end of the country so forums haven't been much of a priority. But, I recently got some new toys and saw my rig change shape a bit so I thought I'd share.

Most of the old regulars (if you're all still here? I know a lot of people bailed on this forum since I was a regular) will remember my axes. Gibson SG Special Faded from 2002 (added momentary killswitch, Trapeze tailpiece, Bare Knuckle Riffraff bridge pickup and Lace Sensor Dually gold/gold neck pickup) and MIJ Fender Jaguar from 1993 (SD Antiquity neck pickup, Vintage Vibe JG-90 bridge pickup, Graphtech Stringsaver bridge saddles and AVRI Jaguar trem system).

IMG_0681.jpg

New amp. I sold the old '68 Selmer I'd had and bought an early 80s Hiwatt Lead 50 but that turned out to be crap so I got another Selmer! This one's an early 70s Treble 'N' Bass 50R SV, not sure of the year eactly but it's between '71 and '75. All point-to-point handwired. Preamp section's still got all the original Mullard and Brimar valves. It's an absolutely amazing amp, only issue with it is the reverb (hence there not being a footswitch connected) which I think has a grounding issue with the reverb tank itself somewhere need to do some surgery on it at some point bit it's not a big deal.

The cab is a custom Zilla "Modern" 2x12 fitted with two Celestion Rock Driver Pro speakers at 80w each.

IMG_0685.jpg

Finally, the pedalboard:

IMG_0687.jpg

The board itself is a Diago Tourman. The pedals are, in order of connection:

- Made By Mike Saltbooster+ (always switched on)

- Digitech Whammy IV (kept in a true bypass loop)

- Boss TU2 tuner

- Dunlop Crybaby (modifications: true bypass, slight volume boost, "vocal" mod, Fasel inductor)

- Sola Sound Tonebender (traded the Hiwatt in for this at Macari's, otherwise I would never, EVER spend £249 on a fuzz pedal, although it does sound incredible)

- VOX Big Ben Overdrive (includes original '60s Mullard ecc83 valve)

- T-Rex Bloody Mary distortion

- EH Big Muff (The '78 op-amp version with tone bypass switch. Picked it up for £70 on eBay, evidentally the guy didn't know what he had. Been converted to true bypass)

- Fender volume pedal

- BYOC Phase Royal (built from a kit, very versatile)

- Boss DD6 (mainly used for loops or reverse delays)

- Catalinbread Montavillian Echo (digital emulator of old tube-driven tape echos. Used mainly for ambient Robert Fripp-esque delays)

- Boss DD3 (standard hi-fi repeats)

- EH Holiest Grail reverb

Currently when I'm not at work I'm writing and recording demos for a new EP. Think Mogwai meets Mastodon, if you can imagine that. Will hopefully have a band together soon as well.

Got this in the mail Thursday!

2005? Green/Matamp Legend 140.

photo.jpg

photo-2.jpg

photo-3.jpg

photo-1.jpg

My God this is awesome, how did i miss this post!

Everybody is a fking producer! I thought i had a awesome ghost that was messing with my gear and making it sound better. I would come back and everything would be changed, but it sounded even better! I found my ghost. Its my wifes cat. He does a fantastic job. He turns everything with his nose and then rubs on the amps and ends up turning everything louder because he only does it from left to right. How weird is that?

This will make it easier than listing everything. This is what i'm using on the song i started this week. My friend pulled that tube pignose 40w out of his studio and let me get familiar with it. The song i'm doing can really benefit from that amp. Its been modded by a guy in houston. I think he's called the amp surgeon or something like that. I have to be honest, i'm currently using none of these effects on this song. I already had it almost done using most of what you see here and when i tried that pignose then i started over and so far i have used 0 effects. It just sounds so good like that.

The guitars i used so far on this one are my les paul bfg that i hate so much. It sounds great but i like fender necks a thousand times more. My sheraton II and my red strat hss with the painted headstock are the ones i'm using mostly. Both for rhythm and leads.

-

-

-

012.jpg

some say overkill, I say Ideal. :twisted:

I love it, it's loud but, if I want a variety of tone when I record, i have it all right there, and with my computer right there, its easy to plug the effects loop signal right to my computer to record straight from the amps.

First of all I picked up a Black Arts tone works Fuzz the other week. Pharaoh-Gold-Germanium-2T.jpg?1314803030

My bass player just got his Sunn 300T back from the shop (#### thing always breaks down, but it sounds amazing). I've been running it stereo with my orange (rockerverb 100/Framus cab) My god it's the most amazing combination I've ever heard. when you run a 4x12, 4x10 and a 1x15 you have the whole spectrum covered. It. Is. Insane. I wish I had a camera so I could put up some tasty gear pron.

IMAG0849_zps3d70b9d8.jpg

IMAG0850_zps748eda03.jpg

IMAG0848_zpsc40d9832.jpg

IMAG0851_zpsfe679284.jpg

Guitars:
Fender Jaguar 98' 65' reissue
Gibson SG worn cherry

Ibanez S Series HHS loaded with 57' in neck and super distortion in bridge
Ibanez RGT42DX

American made Peavy Predator
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender Squier w/ Hot Rails (first Guitar)

Amp/Cab:
Randall RT100H 100w tube
and a JCM 900 1969  Marshall 4x12

Pedals:
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah

Big Muff ToneWicker

DOD Delay

DOD Flange
DOD Vibrothang
Boss Distortion/feedback
Boss Super chorus
Metal distortion pedal

epiphone sg alpine white dimarzio x2n in bridge and D activator in neck

fender fiesta red jagstang duncan jb in bridge and duncan vintage staggered in neck

Fender M-80 chorus halfstack

Boss DS-2, T.C. electronics nova repeater, small clone, tu-2, ibanez cf7, behringer nr300

• Like 1

Yeah, i play lefty and righty.... And some times upside down at the end of a show, depending on the chords in the song of course, i have to be very selective of that, it's a bitch to bar some chords upside down and reversed so i stick to simple riffs for that trick.

Yeah, i play lefty and righty.... And some times upside down at the end of a show, depending on the chords in the song of course, i have to be very selective of that, it's a bitch to bar some chords upside down and reversed so i stick to simple riffs for that trick.

well... if you ever want to sell either of those lefty jags. Get at me!

My rig:

Fender MIM Sunburst Jaguar/ Epi SG (with full pickguard)

Boss Turbo Distortion to

Zvex Box of Rock clone to

Ibanez WH-10 wah (true bypass) to

Marshall Class 5/ Line 6 Spider IV 15 (crappy)

By the way i'm new to the forum so hi to everyone!

I have a ton of stuff, so I'll just post what I use the most.

Guitars:

2003 Fender Stratocaster Standard (MiM) - Stock, Midnight Wine w/ Maple Freboard

1984 Fender '72 Reissue Stratocaster (MiJ) - Stock, Vintage White, Rosewood Board

200X SX GG2 (Explorer copy) - Heavily Modded

Amps:

Peavey XXX 2x12

Pedals:

Vox Wah (used rarely)

Small Clone Chorus (mostly on cleans, but sometimes I turn it way up for some fun soloing).

This is the gear I mostly use live and in the studio.

One of these......

DSC00130-1.jpg

Through this

DSC00005.jpg

Marshall JMP-1 preamp, 100 channels for the win, and the gain and volume go upto 20!

Engl E530 preamp

Tc electronics G-Major effects unit

Mesa Boogie 50/50

VHT 4x12 with V30s

One of these......

DSC00130-1.jpg

Through this

DSC00005.jpg

Marshall JMP-1 preamp, 100 channels for the win, and the gain and volume go upto 20!

Engl E530 preamp

Tc electronics G-Major effects unit

Mesa Boogie 50/50

VHT 4x12 with V30s

How is the 50/50?

How is the 50/50?

It's cracking mate.

I've only ever tried it through that cab, which isnt great for camparison because the cab is truly amazing, but it's well upto the job.

Searing leads and feedback at the low output setting, my house isnt too small, but the low output setting and turning the knob to 1 and a half is enough to make the walls shake with heavy bassy palm mutting.

First day we have that's sunny, i'll take it into the garden and make a video of me cranking it.

Amazing bargains too, got the cab for £205, i had the jmp-1 already, but got the 50/50, engl, g-major in a 4u marshall flight case for £550. The last time i saw a 50/50 for sale it was £500, and those cabs are £2000 brand new, and miles better than a boogie.

It's cracking mate.

I've only ever tried it through that cab, which isnt great for camparison because the cab is truly amazing, but it's well upto the job.

Searing leads and feedback at the low output setting, my house isnt too small, but the low output setting and turning the knob to 1 and a half is enough to make the walls shake with heavy bassy palm mutting.

First day we have that's sunny, i'll take it into the garden and make a video of me cranking it.

Amazing bargains too, got the cab for £205, i had the jmp-1 already, but got the 50/50, engl, g-major in a 4u marshall flight case for £550. The last time i saw a 50/50 for sale it was £500, and those cabs are £2000 brand new, and miles better than a boogie.

Wow!

That is killer setup! Very nice.