Your rig?

hey, youre that guy from the sonic youth forum who posted a thread about the mudhoney muff right?

Sorry, no. And no. Have never played Muffs, can't stand Mudhoney, and digged SY only for a season. :-P But it's always quite alright to ask.

Waitasecond. I think some of us know who you're talking about, though.

sorry, but i swear this guy has the same engraved silver pedal that says touch me im sick. and its a muff clone.

Fender Eighty-Five

Amp.jpg

yay, Fender Eighty-Five action!!

I've got one, it was my first amp! Sounds amazing clean but distortion is soo transistor-y...i just find it unuable. so i upgraded to a Marshall valvestate.

Funnily enough i went back to the Fender recently, and got some great sounds with it. It especially likes my CIJ Jaguar. Might have to have a play with some of my newer dirt pedals - see how it reacts.

• 2 weeks later...

sell all your guitars except for the Jaguar & by a Tele or Jazzmaster.

But looking at those guitars, there's variation between humbucker and singlecoil pickups, and all bar the Jag have buckers in the bridge, so selling all bar the Jag, which has two singles, and replacing the others with a Jazz or Tele, which, asuming up mean standard, both have two singles, would only be restricting his tonal range surely? Admitedly he'd probably look cooler, but what's the point if it don't sound how he wants?

But looking at those guitars, there's variation between humbucker and singlecoil pickups, and all bar the Jag have buckers in the bridge, so selling all bar the Jag, which has two singles, and replacing the others with a Jazz or Tele, which, asuming up mean standard, both have two singles, would only be restricting his tonal range surely? Admitedly he'd probably look cooler, but what's the point if it don't sound how he wants?

That's exactly what i think. If you ever played a good adjusted Jagstang with a hot humbucker, you would not say sell this guitar. I don't know the other two guitars and so i wouldn't say anything about them. Ok, a tele is a very good deal, but i also would never sell my strat to buy a tele. 8)

You have the Zoom Ultrafuz! That think is totally nuts! My housemate has one, I want it so bad! It's fu*king awesome!

hehe its a great pedal isn't it! why don't you buy one? they're not that rare, and are infinitely more versatile than a big muff!

As you can see in the pic, i also have a Boss FZ-2 Hyperfuzz..now that's a weird/####ty fuzz..but fun too!

hmmm...may i ask why?

I've been playing ten years, and ive been through a HUGE number of guitars. the ones i have now I all love, and as others have pointed out, they offer a great range of tone/playing opinions.

First of all, I'll let you know that i hate telecasters. I've never actually played one so they might be great, playability wise, but thats irrelevant cos i hate how they look and how they sound. to be a single coil in the bridge and a humbucker in the neck is the worst of both worlds, especially as they're always low output and super-twany sounding!

Also telecasters to me represent all thats crap about the UK music scene at the moment - hundreds of floppy-haired indie bands, fronted by male singers playing jangly telecasters and with names all like "The ". It's soo f#cking dull, thats why i refuse to ever use a tele :P

As for a Jazzmaster, well it's just a warmer long-scale jaguar isn't it? Now considering 1) The things i like the most about the jaguar is its short scale and brightness, and 2) you have no idea what kind of music i play, how can you recommend me one??!

That's exactly what i think. If you ever played a good adjusted Jagstang with a hot humbucker, you would not say sell this guitar. I don't know the other two guitars and so i wouldn't say anything about them. Ok, a tele is a very good deal, but i also would never sell my strat to buy a tele. 8)

my Jag-stang has a JB in the bridge - it's an ok sound but not amazing, quite dead harmonically. The reason ive kept it is simple = its amazing plability (neck, body, balance).

The wood finish guitar is a Yamaha Pacifica 112 - just a strat copy. It was my first ever guitar and its so versatile, i can never sell it.

The one next to it is a Yamaha RGX321-FP. It a H-S-H metal guitar with flloyd rose trem, but the pickups are only medium output and sound amazing clean, so again its very versatile. This is my main gigging guitar, as it's been set up with 8's and plays/sustains like a dream.

Also this guitar has a big transparent plastic pickguard covering the whole front - so you can cut out your own design in card, and put it underneath, thereby changing the look of the entire guitar! i was gonna put my band logo in there, but i like the crazy random paint pattern design it came with!

Well, I have to confess that I hate pacificas, and the other one has a bit too much of a metally image to me, plus I hugely love Telecasters. But the Jag-Stang is cool enough.

The tansparent cover to change the pattern is very cool, I was toying with doing a transparent PG for my strat copy so I could do the same for a while, but then found out it was going to cost me far too much, plus I managed to get a black pearl one for free, so it's all good. But I sold that guitar to my brother.

Love the colour of the Jag BTW!

Well, I have to confess that I hate pacificas, and the other one has a bit too much of a metally image to me, plus I hugely love Telecasters. But the Jag-Stang is cool enough.

The tansparent cover to change the pattern is very cool, I was toying with doing a transparent PG for my strat copy so I could do the same for a while, but then found out it was going to cost me far too much, plus I managed to get a black pearl one for free, so it's all good. But I sold that guitar to my brother.

Love the colour of the Jag BTW!

make your own transparent pickguard - just buy a sheet of thin perspex (