Sign in to follow this  
seanhayson

Are MIJ jag's necks thicker than MIM/AV's?

As my Squire VM Jaguar got stolen, I'm considering MIJ Traditional 60s or MIM Classic Player for upgrade, but I can't test a Japanese model.

According to Japanese Fender website, MIJ stock model are having an ''U Shape'' neck, when most of the other Jaguar stock models like MIM Classic Player or American series are made with ''C Shape'' necks.

MIJ Traditional 60s

https://ibb.co/ffwxs6

MIM Classic Player

https://ibb.co/byics6

American Vintage

https://ibb.co/n0W8zm

So does it mean MIJ Jag are having a thicker or bigger neck?

As a player with small hands, it's considerable to have thinner necks because they are more comfortable to play with. Thanks a lot

just a little heads up..stay away from MiJ jazzmaster/jaguar from the 90ies..total crap

i can't testify on this but i heard MiJ guitars are made with smaller hands in mind..but liek i said i can't vouch for this

better to go to a store and check it yourself

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By SpookyMr
      Hi. I am planning on modding my Surf Green Squire vintage modified jaguar to have 2 4 wire humbuckers, a three way toggle switch, and a coil tap on the neck pickup, however I want to keep the rhythm circuit and low cut switch. (basically similar to a Kurt Cobain jag except only master volume and master tone, neck coil tap, and keeping the low cut switch) I'm 17 and I'm not very good with wiring, also jag wiring is especially confusing. Would anyone be able to help me figure out a wiring diagram for this, or at least help explain it to me? Are there any other mods I should try for this guitar? 
    • By little_kiwi
      Hey all, I've had my HH Special for a few years now, and I love everything about it, except for the lack of clarity in the pickups.
      So I've bought a set of Seymour Duncan 59/Custom Hybrid humbuckers. Only issue is, the Fender Dragster pickups that were in the guitar have a thick cable which terminates by splitting into a single output wire, and a bare ground wire. Whereas the 59s terminate by splitting into a red, white, green, black and bare wire.
      Do I need to just solder together and tape off some of them?
      Also, the Dragsters are soldered to their pickup covers, but the 59s don't have covers, does this mean I need to find another way to ground them?

Thanks in advance
    • By Dadhatsgtr
      Hello all,
      Today I did some mods on my squier vm jaguar. I swapped out the stock tone and volume pots for Fender 250k No-Load pots and put in some Antiquity II's in the bridge and neck. The issue I'm having is that when the rhythm circuit is engaged everything is fine the volume and tone dials are fully responsive. When I engage the lead circuit however, no noise comes out. Literally no noise, static, or feedback. It doesn't matter what combination of switches are engaged on the lead panel. Any thoughts on what could be causing this? Thanks in advance for your help/suggestions!