First try to identify exactly where the noise is coming from. Is it from the string being too close to a fret? Is it a rattling spring or other part from the tremelo setup? Is it a rattling tuner?

Once you know this you can tackle the problem.

If it's fret buzz you can raise the action by raising that end of the floating bridge via the allen screw in the post. Also heaving gauge strings will increase string tension and reduce fret buzz.

If you have a trusted local guitar luthier that is also an option.

Good luck!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Alldatjazz
      Hello everyone thanks for reading. I recently came across a Mustang that is supposedly a 1982, but it's very difficult to find info on these years. Can anyone tell me some tell-tale signs? I have a few pics of it that I will attach. 
      Serial: R018034 . Theres conflicting info on this. According to a mustang history page, that means it's 1982, but according to a decoder, it's a 2004 reissue?
      I can't figure out how to upload pics through here? So here's a link to the imgur gallery
      https://imgur.com/gallery/jNs2yUg
      If anyone can help, that'd be awesome and I'd really appreciate it.

• By actofde4th
      I been frequenting these forums and this site for about 2 years now and never made an account but made one today to share with a challenge of some sorts which I am doing. Basically, I call it the Squier Jag-Stang. Using the cheapest parts available on eBay I am trying to make a replica Jag-Stang using parts from China. May update with photos in the future!
    • By Jet
      I have a fender 1969 reissue mustang in white and I would like to get it painted in Sonic blue. Does anyone know where to get some, I am looking for the same sonic blue that Kurt Cobain's mustang was in.
    • By XaG
      Hi guys I have been in this community for a little while now, I've read all of the setup post's but I've still got unbelievably high action on my Jagstang, which if i try to lower start to get buzz and notes fretting out. I've had my JagStang since October last year and haven't got it they way I want. I've took it to a repair shop, but they didn't fix anything, just took my money. I had to go back 3 times because of problems the last being because the guy forgot to put a screw in the pickguard, so overall a terrible experience. Completely unprofessional. I've done adjustments myself, followed setup guides, replace the nut that the guy over filed. I'm at the end of my ropes with this guitar, because I love everything about it, but can't play without wanting to make it better
      I'm sorry if I come across as a whiny bitch, I know this is the best community for offset guitars on the internet, so if you guys can't help me I'm fu**ed.

Thanks, XaG