DDD

How to Clean F Head Tuners?

So the tuners on my 1965 Mustang are pretty tough to turn.

I watched a video on how to clean and lube them up:
and ordered all of the stuff to do it  
Then I went back to the guitar and figured out that, duh, the tuners on this model don’t have the holes to drip in the naphtha and lube.
The question is, how do I clean these out?
Can they be opened?  
I jiggled the peg around a bit, but did not want to force it.
Edited by DDD
removed images hosted elsewhere - why can't i upload images here?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Highanddry
      So I decided to take my old JS back to wood and refinish it and while I was at it, invest in a few (okay more than a few) upgrades. 
      The finish was a saga. I started with Wudtone’s ‘Lady Teal’ but I wanted solid colour and that was really the wrong finish for that task. I then tried Nitro in ‘Lake Placid Blue’ but with zero margin for error and an expensive lesson in how important following the instructions regarding temperature is, this was also a fail (barely, but a fail). The final finish I laid straight over the nitro. I used Dulux Duramax ‘Dark Blue Metallic’ enamel. It came out really well. I’m happy with it anyway. 
      The upgrades include Hipshot, locking-nut, vintage tuners; Mastery bridge; pickups (Dimarzio Area 67 in the neck, and an SD P-rails in the bridge); ToneShaper Mustang wiring kit (swapped in a linear pot for the tone); neck plate; hardtailed the tremolo; and re-shielded the cavities. 
      My wiring needs a tweak as I’m only getting the 67 to work, but I’ll do that in due course. My kids were able to present me with it this morning for my birthday. 🙂
      https://www.dropbox.com/sc/67sc47lnf2v32fi/AACbgAnp40XssAxfAQOc0UZea
    • By Jet
      I have a fender 1969 reissue mustang in white and I would like to get it painted in Sonic blue. Does anyone know where to get some, I am looking for the same sonic blue that Kurt Cobain's mustang was in.
    • By XaG
      Hi guys I have been in this community for a little while now, I've read all of the setup post's but I've still got unbelievably high action on my Jagstang, which if i try to lower start to get buzz and notes fretting out. I've had my JagStang since October last year and haven't got it they way I want. I've took it to a repair shop, but they didn't fix anything, just took my money. I had to go back 3 times because of problems the last being because the guy forgot to put a screw in the pickguard, so overall a terrible experience. Completely unprofessional. I've done adjustments myself, followed setup guides, replace the nut that the guy over filed. I'm at the end of my ropes with this guitar, because I love everything about it, but can't play without wanting to make it better
      I'm sorry if I come across as a whiny bitch, I know this is the best community for offset guitars on the internet, so if you guys can't help me I'm fu**ed.

Thanks, XaG      
    • By Jet
      Does anyone know where to find a fender 69 reissue mustang in Sonic blue?