Jet

Did Kurt Cobain use a Seymour Duncan JB Jr?

So, I am trying to build a mustang with the same specs that Kurt's had at the 1993 show at the Roseland Ballroom. I was wondering if he used at JB JR, Hot rails or did he just use a JB Humbucker?

The Roseland mustang had a Seymour Duncan Hotrail in it when it had the ret tortishell pickguard on it.  It did not get the JB until the pickguard was swapped with a white pearloid one.

Roseland was a JB Jr. then changed to a black full size JB with a white guard. This guitar also had a Nashville style TOM bridge on it, as opposed to the ABR style that wast used on the Sonic Blue Mustangs, and Jagstang. Sky stang 1(Sonic Blue) white Jb, Sky Stang 2 and 3, black JB. All of the Mustangs and Jagstang had the vibrato springs removed, tailpiece reversed, and locked down to the bridge plate. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By little_kiwi
      Hey all, I've had my HH Special for a few years now, and I love everything about it, except for the lack of clarity in the pickups.
      So I've bought a set of Seymour Duncan 59/Custom Hybrid humbuckers. Only issue is, the Fender Dragster pickups that were in the guitar have a thick cable which terminates by splitting into a single output wire, and a bare ground wire. Whereas the 59s terminate by splitting into a red, white, green, black and bare wire.
      Do I need to just solder together and tape off some of them?
      Also, the Dragsters are soldered to their pickup covers, but the 59s don't have covers, does this mean I need to find another way to ground them?

Thanks in advance
    • By tigertank79
      Hey brothers and sisters, 
      I have a new KC jaguar. I managed to change the humbuckers height (both) by accident when removing my scratchguard cover. Has anyone heard of the standard Fender settings for these? For example how much should I be able to measure (in MM if possible, sorry USA!) FROM the bottom of my strings to the pickups.

Thanks so much!

Simon
    • By kpac_n_bass
      Hello everyone
      I have a squier jaguar with duncan designed sensors.
      I want to make a cheap mod pickup.
      I want to replace the stock magnets with alnico 5 or alnico 2.
      Tell me whether it is worth it to do?
      Is there a difference in the diameter of the magnets of the stratocaster pickups?
    • By Mustangg
      I'm soon getting a squier vintage moddified mustang and I'm planing on routing it for a humbucker in the bridge but how would I know exactly where to put it? So that it would be the right tone and aftermarket humbucker pickguards would fit it? Please help.