Hey all, I've had my HH Special for a few years now, and I love everything about it, except for the lack of clarity in the pickups.

So I've bought a set of Seymour Duncan 59/Custom Hybrid humbuckers. Only issue is, the Fender Dragster pickups that were in the guitar have a thick cable which terminates by splitting into a single output wire, and a bare ground wire. Whereas the 59s terminate by splitting into a red, white, green, black and bare wire.

Do I need to just solder together and tape off some of them?

Also, the Dragsters are soldered to their pickup covers, but the 59s don't have covers, does this mean I need to find another way to ground them?

Thanks in advance :)

• 3 weeks later...

Red and White are soldered together and taped off (Series link - this is what makes it a humbucker, the Dragsters are 2 conductor pickups like Gibson PAFs, the SD is a 4 conductor pickup).  The Black wire is the hot output (wire to the switch), and the green and bare wire go to ground.  See the chart for the color codes to the wires below.

Here's the Pickup Wiring Codes

https://webtor.me/dragonfire-pickups-wiring-diagram.html/dragonfire-pickups-wiring-diagram-at

11 hours ago, Mad-Mike said:

Red and White are soldered together and taped off (Series link - this is what makes it a humbucker, the Dragsters are 2 conductor pickups like Gibson PAFs, the SD is a 4 conductor pickup).  The Black wire is the hot output (wire to the switch), and the green and bare wire go to ground.  See the chart for the color codes to the wires below.

Here's the Pickup Wiring Codes

https://webtor.me/dragonfire-pickups-wiring-diagram.html/dragonfire-pickups-wiring-diagram-at

Ah ok, thanks for that infographic, that will come in handy in the future!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By ps___093
      I am routing it to fit Humbuckers,  (SH-4 JB Bridge Humbucker & SH-2 Jazz Model Neck Humbucker)
               changing the bridge to a Mustang one, or something better ( happy to hear any recommendations ) 
                I’ll be using CTS 1 MEG pots for volume and tone, as well as the Orange Drop Capacitor .047uf        ( hopefully this will give it a nice bright tone ? )
            will try and make the top switch a Parallel & Series switch, as well as having the coil splits on the bottom switches.. 

I’d love to hear your opinions on the materials/parts i’m planing on using, and if you have any other suggestions please let me know!

• By brendan123
      Hey All,
      Was hoping to get some insight as to what this black platform thing is under the saddle here. It looks like it goes all the way across the bridge and is slightly bigger than the bridge itself. I've only ever been exposed to the two pin style that mounts directly into the body, so I'm not sure if this is a mod or not. 
      Has anyone seen this before? Is it a factory rarity or something?
      Guitar:  Fender Jaguar, made in japan c.1993-1995ish.

• By MtotheFLo
      I have a beautiful CIJ jag with Duncan Hot Jag pickups. Unlike a lot of people, I love the rhythm circuit, with its girth, warmth, and output. I do wish I could get slightly more high end from it though, without sacrificing its other qualities; almost like if the tone knob went another 25% higher. Which mod do y’all recommend to achieve that? Thanks!
    • By Bog
      Hello!
      When i removed the bridge of my jaguar I found a surprise. how can i remove the rust without ruining the paint?
      Bo