Hello,

I am building a Jazzmaster and I have a Jazzmaster bridge, but I don't have the tremolo part. Is it possible to use a standard Tune-O-Matic tailpiece with a Jazzmaster bridge instead of the tremolo? I would also want those two parts to be quite close to each other like a standard Tune-O-Matic would be. Thanks.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Highanddry
      So I decided to take my old JS back to wood and refinish it and while I was at it, invest in a few (okay more than a few) upgrades. 
      The finish was a saga. I started with Wudtone’s ‘Lady Teal’ but I wanted solid colour and that was really the wrong finish for that task. I then tried Nitro in ‘Lake Placid Blue’ but with zero margin for error and an expensive lesson in how important following the instructions regarding temperature is, this was also a fail (barely, but a fail). The final finish I laid straight over the nitro. I used Dulux Duramax ‘Dark Blue Metallic’ enamel. It came out really well. I’m happy with it anyway. 
      The upgrades include Hipshot, locking-nut, vintage tuners; Mastery bridge; pickups (Dimarzio Area 67 in the neck, and an SD P-rails in the bridge); ToneShaper Mustang wiring kit (swapped in a linear pot for the tone); neck plate; hardtailed the tremolo; and re-shielded the cavities. 
      My wiring needs a tweak as I’m only getting the 67 to work, but I’ll do that in due course. My kids were able to present me with it this morning for my birthday. 🙂
      https://www.dropbox.com/sc/67sc47lnf2v32fi/AACbgAnp40XssAxfAQOc0UZea
    • By tdrapes
      Hey ya'll, new member here but I'm in a bind. I'm looking for the screws to a jag-stang that my buddy has in his possession. It's got some work that's gotta go into it, but most importantly is I'm missing the screws for adjusting the bridge height for the action. The pic shows the ones I'm missing.
      Any of ya'll know where I might be able to find the screws? If not, what are my options for this?

Thanks for any help!
    • By SpookyMr
      Hi. I am planning on modding my Surf Green Squire vintage modified jaguar to have 2 4 wire humbuckers, a three way toggle switch, and a coil tap on the neck pickup, however I want to keep the rhythm circuit and low cut switch. (basically similar to a Kurt Cobain jag except only master volume and master tone, neck coil tap, and keeping the low cut switch) I'm 17 and I'm not very good with wiring, also jag wiring is especially confusing. Would anyone be able to help me figure out a wiring diagram for this, or at least help explain it to me? Are there any other mods I should try for this guitar? 
    • By moonweasel
      I have an ‘02–‘04 Crafted in Japan Fender Jaguar.
      It came with a Tune-o-Matic bridge: the original/standard kind, with 4mm threaded posts and thumbwheels, mounted at a slight diagonal. The threaded posts/studs are screwed directly into the body wood—there are no pots/bushings/thimbles.
      My question is, what are my options for replacing/upgrading the bridge using the existing posts (i.e. without having new post-holes drilled)? From what i can tell, all the Mastery, Stay-Trem and Mustang options all mount on 6mm posts (+/- thimbles).
      (For what it’s worth, my main issue with the ToM in the first place is that it makes the action insanely high, even with the bridge set at its lowest height. I tried shimming the neck but it hasn’t helped much, except to also add some fret buzz [which is irritating given how high the strings still are at the high end of the fretboard...]
      I did already try a tuneomatic-style bridge with roller bridges, which fit perfectly on the existing posts, but the saddles buzz/“plink” badly — I am guessing the diagonal orientation of the bridge posts means that the strings aren’t sitting squarely in the saddle grooves.)