Hey guys!

Obligatory new to the forum post, here.  I just picked up my 2002 Fiesta Red Jag-Stang on Friday of last week, and I'm head over heels in love with this instrument.  However, I seem to be having some tone issues.  For reference, I am running my Jag-Stang through a beat up Marshall DFX 100, a You Dirty Rat pedal, Nu Tube Screamer, and a Rusty Fuzz pedal.  The JS has a Texas Special and an SH-4 JB in it, so my tone should be perfect, but everything sounds too bassy and muddy.  Distortion doesn't really offer the crunch that I really want through this guitar like it does with my Fender Duo Sonic.  I've tried messing with the EQ on my amp and lowering/raising the pickup heights.  I'm kinda running out of any ideas, and any help would be appreciated!

I had the same issue when I got mine back in the day. I swapped the pots out for 500ks and it seemed to take the muddiness out. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By tdrapes
      Hey ya'll, new member here but I'm in a bind. I'm looking for the screws to a jag-stang that my buddy has in his possession. It's got some work that's gotta go into it, but most importantly is I'm missing the screws for adjusting the bridge height for the action. The pic shows the ones I'm missing.
      Any of ya'll know where I might be able to find the screws? If not, what are my options for this?

Thanks for any help!
    • By Kurt661
      Hi folks,
      it's about my beloved 1995 Jag-Stang...
      I managed to swap stock humbucker with DiMarzio DP100. As I hoped sounds are way better !
      To solder my DP100, I used the attached wiring diagram. It's kind of good but not perfect.
      With this diagram, switches works almost as expected, except with switch 1 on bridge position + switch 2 on series position, which works as "off pickup position" (no sound).
      I want to use this "off position" to make "out of phase" sound (all other positions have to stay "in phase"), but I can't find anywhere how to do.
      Any help can bee provided will be greatly appreciated :)))))))
      Thanks for reading.
      Cheers.

• By Degiones
      I want my SSS Strat to sound more like a jaguar as I'm lefty and can't afford a Kurt Cobain Jaguar. Any advices? 
    • By Frayer
      Ive decided that i want to drop my guitar down a bit. Its a strat copy ive moded and at the moment it has 10s on it but i want to put a set of strings on it that will work well with drop d and drop c but i dont know what to use also if my guitar will need any major ajustments.
      Thanks josh