Fender Jagstang, is there any difference between original Jag and the reissue?

myzeroen

as it is already in the title, there are noticeable differences? I have a 95 Jagstang. I would like to sell these because the frets are trained and too low for me. But I really like the neck of the guitar and the Sonic Blue color. Is the neck of the reissue different and the color of the guitar too? Just heard that Fender in the Reissue models have decided for other blue tone and Pickguard. And how about the electronics?

Thanks!

Hello!

The differences are very minor and the majority of people will not notice them. Here's the main differences. 

• Primary difference is that the reissue has an alder body and the original issue has basswood body.
  • The reissue pickups are also called something different but I've not heard anyone saying they prefer one over the other.
  • The reissue pickguard may have a more "shiny" material in it than the original.
  • I do not believe there are any neck differences. Someone please jump in if you have this answer.

Here's some more info to help your research.

Also if you're just having issues with fret wear and really like that neck I would recommend looking up a well respected luthier near you and get an estimate for fixing it up.

Thanks and let us know how it goes!

On 2/15/2019 at 2:52 PM, Al(ex) said:

Hello!

The differences are very minor and the majority of people will not notice them. Here's the main differences. 

• Primary difference is that the reissue has an alder body and the original issue has basswood body.
  • The reissue pickups are also called something different but I've not heard anyone saying they prefer one over the other.
  • The reissue pickguard may have a more "shiny" material in it than the original.
  • I do not believe there are any neck differences. Someone please jump in if you have this answer.

Here's some more info to help your research.

Also if you're just having issues with fret wear and really like that neck I would recommend looking up a well respected luthier near you and get an estimate for fixing it up.

Thanks and let us know how it goes!

Thank you! And whats about the Guitar color? I've heard that the reissue has a different sonic blue that the original. Thank you. 

3 hours ago, myzeroen said:

Thank you! And whats about the Guitar color? I've heard that the reissue has a different sonic blue that the original. Thank you. 

Somewhat. Sonic blue is a little "greener" than daphne blue, but some of the reissues looked more daphne like. I have a 2003 that's definitely sonic blue.

• 1 month later...