Jag-stang with 9.5 radius neck?

Can anyone tell me whether it would be possible to adapt a Jag-stang to put a modern 9.5 inch radius neck and medium jumbo frets on to it or is that just an impossibility? I have two one red one blue both factory and staying that way and was thinking of buying a third and totally modifying it with a few different things including pick ups and a colour change but I was really only going to bother doing it if I could do the neck.

Cheers guys

The Neck will fit - but the Mustang Bridge saddles are going to be @ a 7 1/4 radius -- you would need to either replace the bridge w/ a 9.5 radius Mustang bridge, replace w/ an Adjustable bridge piece (TOM or Jaguar), or just adapt to the slight diff between the curve on the bridge and the fretboard.

Squier Vintage Modified and Classic Vibe Mustangs and Jags are 9.5 Radius -- a Squier VM Mustang bridge might be just what you need for that modern 9.5 radius neck

Hi 

Thanks very much for your reply. I did wonder about the VM Squier mustang as I have one and whether I could just get hold of the same bridge and do a straight replacement. Funnily enough I actually really like the neck on the VM mustang I have as well so I’m tempted just to get hold of a one of them and use that. What do you think?

cheers

• Like 1

On 8/14/2019 at 3:30 PM, peteski2018 said:

Hi 

Thanks very much for your reply. I did wonder about the VM Squier mustang as I have one and whether I could just get hold of the same bridge and do a straight replacement. Funnily enough I actually really like the neck on the VM mustang I have as well so I’m tempted just to get hold of a one of them and use that. What do you think?

cheers

Yes, I think it would work perfectly!!  I love the Squier VM Mustang neck as well, I have one Mustang I built using that neck, and now I am starting a jag-stang build that will also use a Squier VM Mustang Neck and, you guessed it, a Squier VM Mustang Bridge on the custom jag-stang body ?

• 4 weeks later...

Basically what everyone else has said, plus putting VM saddles on the Japanese bridge does not work, they won't fit.  There's a 1mmish difference between the saddles on the Chinese and Japanese stangs.  I put Jap saddles on a Chinese bridge....it's  quite unstable due to gaps between the saddles.