• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ive had one of these for awhile now and love it!what a great deal.when i first played through it i was like holy ####,this thing sounds nasty in a good way.it also seems for solidly built compared to some of their other enclosures.electro harmonix is supposed to be releasing alot of their classic stuff in small boxes soon,that should be interesting.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought A LBM to replace my NYC big muff (which is a bit old and knakered). I didn't like it compared to the NYC model, it was too muddy and unusable with chords (I couldn't get the pumpkins tone with it) whereas my NYC sounds a lot clearer (although thats not a word I'd normally associate with any big muff) and also had a bigger volume increase. Of course big muffs are always changing so the current NYC models might not be as good as my 5 year old one. Try and A-B them before you buy.

hum wait wait, im a little confused there, i thought both the big muff and the little big muff were made in NYC .. ..

so what, how many models of the big muff is there around ??

A LBM ?

B LBM ?

NYC bif muff ?

NYC Muff Pi ?

and the russian one ?

im just looking for one of thoses :

bigmuffdistortionpedalmu6.gif

bmbigdv5.jpg

40731electroharmonixlittlebigmuffik5.jpg

Have to say now that i've owned mine for a couple of weeks. i'd have to agree that it's not great with chords. Its great for single note stuff, but only on my amp's clean channel (Marchall VS 100). On the overdrive channels the muff just dulls the sound or something. I can get a great overly distorted mega dirty sound through my clean channel with the muff on and my overdrive pedal on (marshall Drivemaster).

Sorry i currently have no method of recording my sound for anyone who might want to hear it.

By the way yeah they are both made in NYC.

hum wait wait, im a little confused there, i thought both the big muff and the little big muff were made in NYC .. ..

so what, how many models of the big muff is there around ??

A LBM ?

B LBM ?

NYC bif muff ?

NYC Muff Pi ?

and the russian one ?

I think Jelly meant it as "a LBM", not "A LBM", it's not a different model or something.

EH made Big Muff variations in the 70s, then released the Big Muff Pi which was the most successful. Sovtek made a lot of variations on the Pi in the 80s/90s. Then EH reissued the original vintage Big Muff Pi as the "New York Big Muff Pi", to differentiate between it and the Sovtek reissues.

There's a vintage EH pedal called the Little Big Muff PI:

electro_harmonix_little_big_muff_4723.jpg

..the new one is just "Little Big Muff" and sounds somewhere between the NYC Big Muff Pi and the green Sovtek version (the best in many's eyes). .

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
so what if it takes space, its not like it takes up the whole room. it takes space if you have 25 pedals, then yeah but if you have 3-4 it doesnt

Well, it takes up PEDALBOARD space, for those of us who have evolved beyond the "i play my pedals in my bedroom lol" stage..