Jaguars and Jazzmaster that have an angled neck pocket

Background:

Tele player here. I am looking to give offsets another try but I'm a little scared. I once owned a cheap fender blacktop jaguar and it was an awful guitar. Although it was cheap, the major issue with it was that the neck pocket was completely flat and it would not intonate properly(past the twelve fret it was way sharp and the action was way too high). No amount of playing with the truss rod, bridge, or saddles could fix this, even when it was taken to a professional. Since then, I have decided to never buy a bolt on guitar with a raised bridge. Still, they look so cool and I can't help but want one. I also think they have the best sounding trems.

Question:

Are there any offset guitars that fender currently sells that come with a properly angled neck pocket? I noticed they fixed the saddles on a lot of these guitars in recent years and I am wondering if they have fixed the neck pocket angle on any of them as well. I know you can shim the neck, but I don't' want to stick a piece of plastic or wood in the neck pocket of my guitar, I want one with the neck pocket cut properly or I don't want one at all.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By alivingh
      Background:
      Tele player here. I am looking to give offsets another try but I'm a little scared. I once owned a cheap fender blacktop jaguar and it was an awful guitar. Although it was cheap, the major issue with it was that the neck pocket was completely flat and it would not intonate properly(past the twelve fret it was way sharp and the action was way too high). No amount of playing with the truss rod, bridge, or saddles could fix this, even when it was taken to a professional. Since then, I have decided to never buy a bolt on guitar with a raised bridge. Still, they look so cool and I can't help but want one. I also think they have the best sounding trems.

Question:
      Are there any offset guitars that fender currently sells that come with a properly angled neck pocket? I noticed they fixed the saddles on a lot of these guitars in recent years and I am wondering if they have fixed the neck pocket angle on any of them as well. I know you can shim the neck, but I don't' want to stick a piece of plastic or wood in the neck pocket of my guitar, I want one with the neck pocket cut properly or I don't want one at all.

• By knapster
      Hello, managed to get my mitts on a staytrem bridge.  Question, is there suppose to be a generous amount of wiggle room when I drop it in the posts?  Is that what they mean by a rocker?  Thanks in advanced.  Jeff
    • By Jmtoucherr
      I made a thing, not sure what to call it
      I stuck Lendy Fralin jazzmaster pickups and a vintage DeArmond pickup taken from a Airline bobcat.
      Switch is wired like a LP and I left the rhythm circuit in tact.
      I have a black pickguard and knobs on the way along with a few tweaks and a proper set up I'll be completely in love
    • By cobain
      Hello, I have a telecaster (Phil pro) neck and a mustang floating bridge, pickups, etc. I want to make a DIY good looking jag-stang but I don't know where can I get blueprints with scale. Help to figure out!